New steering wheel pic!

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
As promised, here is a better pic of my new wheel. I am currently working on a little something custom to fill the gap from the hub adapter to the colum as you can see it looks a little weird as I knew it would. Should look good once I'm done. As you can see since I leave nothing stock even my aftermarket parts (lol) I painted the center spoke the same metallic gunmetal as the trim and nitrous tank on the interior of the car. Also my buddy Kris did a custom horn botton with a carbon fiber finish and svt logo in the center rather than just leaving the MOMO logo there. What you think?

2-8.jpg

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Sponsors (?)

Don't mind the surface rust on the bottom of the dash. lol I had the trim panels removed to get at the colum wiring better. Panels are back in place now so it does look like a$$. lol

Also the dotted patterned leather on the wheel matches the accent panels on my race seats. Not neccessarily planned that way but it worked out pretty good.

can't the police impound your car for not having the airbag in place?

i wanted to do any aftermarket steering wheel when i first got the car, cause i hate the bulky stock one. but was under the impression that if stopped they could impound your car.

but it still looks great nice choice on the wheel also

:shrug:

F*** 'em. They should go waste their time cracking down on people that commit real crimes. Crimes that effect society and the safety of inocent people, not me who has a hobby and the only one that I am endangering is myself.

Sorry I'm done venting!

:shrug:

F*** 'em. They should go waste their time cracking down on people that commit real crimes. Crimes that effect society and the safety of inocent people, not me who has a hobby and the only one that I am endangering is myself.

Sorry I'm done venting!

i feel the same way.

but i feel if i mod gives you a simple ticket i don't mind (like tints), but when the mod lets them impound your car thats when i don't see it being worth it.
then again i'm not even sure if they cam impound your car for not having the airbag, maybe its just a ticket. i was hoping someone could clear it up since that was the impression i was under.

That steering wheel looks nice but, it puts a serious dent in your pocket. Its like 240 for the wheel plus 60 for the hub to install it. Wow, I'd like to have one but, thats alot. Also, I don't want to get rid of my cruise control and would have no where to put my cruise buttons.

donkey_punch - I've read the same thing, but I have also read that it is bogus, so I don't know for sure.

pleasehelp- I bought it from Simco Ltd, haven't been able to get ahold of them lately, because I know alot of people want them, and I have been left incharge of finding out if they will sell them or not. lol

GreenMustangGT - Let me see some pics. As far a mods, it just bolts up using a momo adapter for a fox. But there is quite a bit of gap from the adapter to the colum that I am currently working on fixing. I will post pics if it turns out well.

That looks awesome. I was thinking about the airbag/no airbag problem before...I came to the conclusion (at least for my audi) that I don't trust a 17 year old explosive device in front of my face. I'm starting to think the same goes for the mustang.

Can't you get a decent amount for an airbag on ebay?

P.S. change your headlight knob :)

I would change the headlight knob, but to what. Don't tell me those peices from UPR. lol If thats what your talking about then maybe I will buy those billet aluminum clothing hooks they sell too.:nonono:

Please, give me some ideas, I'm up for some.

I would change the headlight knob, but to what. Don't tell me those peices from UPR. lol If thats what your talking about then maybe I will buy those billet aluminum clothing hooks they sell too.:nonono:

Please, give me some ideas, I'm up for some.

I'm certainly not a fan of the UPR pieces. I don't like shiny things in the interior as they tend to blind me at inopportune moments. What about just replacing it with one from a newer model? If yours is anything like mine, it's probably dirty and some of the white paint is flaking off.

Maybe fitting a more discrete knob (shorter) could look unique also. Not sure about fabrication though..hmmm

Therian - By newer model do you mean "new edge" or s197. I will have to look into that either way, I have alway hated the headlight know and wiper/signal knob controls. They are ugly, and bulky, but I guess I am stuck with the wiper/signal controls but I will look into the headlight knob.

That looks awesome. I was thinking about the airbag/no airbag problem before...I came to the conclusion (at least for my audi) that I don't trust a 17 year old explosive device in front of my face. I'm starting to think the same goes for the mustang.

Can't you get a decent amount for an airbag on ebay?

P.S. change your headlight knob :)

Yeah they sell pretty good on there. I traded mine for a paint job for my car. You can get an airbag delete or mexican air baig as they call it. I got mine from randy on modular depot.