new suspension outcome

blackstangt

May 31, 2004
ny
i bought the bullitt suspension kit from ppi for $399, $426 at my door... So far only the rear has settled, but i have been putting a lot more power to the rear... I'm hoping that because the front springs are harder, they will take a little longer, but drop more...
Anyways, I ran out of $$$$, so i didn't get the axle dampers/quad shocks, when i hit second while spinning i get crazy wheel hop. I didn't get this be4, but I had dampers that were completely empty, no fluid, no pressure.
Also, the car launches a lot harder and gets much better traction when i don't get wheel hop:nice: I guess 16 y/o suspension parts are bad for traction.
-------
My dilemma: do I get quad shocks, or lower control arms when i have the money? The shocks will be affordable sooner, but may limit my tire size later on. The lower control arms would be aftermarket ones, but i don't know which to get for 95% street driving and good handling, they are harder to install and will take longer to save up for...

• Sponsors (?)

blackstangt said:
I guess 16 y/o suspension parts are bad for traction.
-------
My dilemma: do I get quad shocks, or lower control arms when i have the money? The shocks will be affordable sooner, but may limit my tire size later on. The lower control arms would be aftermarket ones, but i don't know which to get for 95% street driving and good handling, they are harder to install and will take longer to save up for...

eh dude, fox suspension wasn't good for traction when new. :D

Are you saying you have no quads at all, or just not the new ones you wanted?

I would forget about quads and keep saving for the control arms. Much better money spent. I may have an extra set of used quads if you really think you need them. With good control arms you shouldn't.

Cliff :)

Even good LCA's may not totally eliminate wheel hop. You should run the quads.

Gabriel makes a pretty good quad shock that's cheap. You can get them at Autozone. I beleive they are $20/each or something like that. Autozone's computer lists them under "steering dampeners"

most people have told me to just get the lower control arms, but while i'm sure that both won't hurt i'm broke, so what i wanted to know was wether to wait and get the lca's, or get the shocks, which i will able to get sooner... they haven't been giving me enough hours at work, so it's going to take a few weeks for even the shocks (struggling college student). thanks for the help.