New Tach. Question

Sorry man. Been busy and had to put it off for a while but you should have 3 wires from the tach as well as 2 for the light.
The green is the tach input wire and needs to be wired into the tach output behind the dash (or to an ignition box like the MSD box I have, there is a tach output built in)
red wire and black wire are power and ground. Power wire can be tapped into any power source behind the dash,a lot of guys use the rear defroster switch. And the ground is pretty simple. For the light? I would wire it into the foglight switch (if it's a gt), or into the headlight switch otherwise. As you'll want the tach light to come on with the other dash lights. Ground for the light can use the same ground as the tach.

That's all based off memory, but it should be close to accurate

• Sponsors (?)

The green wire on the tach you need to tap into the negative side of the ignition coil. It's the wire closest to the drivers side fender. The light wire you can tap into the red/blue wire on the headlight switch. The rest is self explanatory.

The green wire on the tach you need to tap into the negative side of the ignition coil. It's the wire closest to the drivers side fender. The light wire you can tap into the red/blue wire on the headlight switch. The rest is self explanatory.

:nice:

sorry for my half correct advice, i was at work and apparently not thinking very well :mad:

Alright guys i got it in tonight. And for anyone elese doin this its not to bad but the wires you want to look for are
Dark green with a white stripe comin out of the left side plug of your cluster ( this goes to your green wire or tach wire)
Light blue with a white strip comin out of your head light switch also on the left side but its behind your switch not your cluster ( it goes to your white wire or light wire)
Then the other two should be easy i just used a test light to find a hot wire in my light switch i think it was like tan with yellow or somthin its right next to a bigger gauge black wire and as for ground just find anything with bare metal
I hope this helps someone elese cause it took me a while to figure out. O and FYI this is for a tach that hooks up to the negative side of the coil i heard theres some out there that hook up to the positive side but im not for sure on that. And this is also assuming that all the wiring is the same through differnt years of foxes mines a 91 gt