New Tires Pics

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
Montgomery, NY
Some of you might know, but I don't have my Audi A4 anymore. It was kind of a "blessing in disguise" so to say. I was looking to sell it a while back, and noone wanted it. I got the usual $5000 offers over the phone, and scammers. Needless to say I kept it, and the issues kept compounding. I ended up hitting some ice and wrecking it. Insurance covered the loan, and a good chunk of cash on top of it (paid off some other little things I had hanging around). Now I'm where I want to be. I have my F-250 (it's a 1999, ex cab, Lariat, with 70,700 miles) but the previous owner had some tiny little tires on it. The only choice was to upgrade them...

Here it was as I got it (pic was taken on the way to the tire place) 255/70/16s with the right rear losing some air.
F250OldTires001.jpg

Here it was right after the tire place with the new ones on. They are 285/75/16s. The blue crap they put on there was wiped off shortly after the pic was taken.
F250NewTires001.jpg

Comments welcome. I will be getting some F-350 blocks and U-bolts for the rear this week. Next on the list is a stereo, tint and who knows what else. :D

Attachments

• F250OldTires001.jpg
    F250OldTires001.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 66
  • F250NewTires001.jpg
    F250NewTires001.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks, yeah I'm not sure what the PO had in mind with those. Stock is 265/75s. I went slightly larger than stock, and I'm happy with them. I want to get rid of the "ass down" look the F250s have, and thats it. I'm NOT a lifted truck person, not at all. I like stock, or close to stock looking, plus towing a 5000 lb car trailer, and a 10000 lb boat, I figure near stock will be best!

Your guys thoughts. I want to paint the lower blue area silver, to match the center. It would make it two tone, like my fox. Anyone have photoshop who could make this happen? :D

Brian...I didn't know you were tryin to sell the Audi before, but definately a blessing in disguise.

Those tires are nice! Truck looks more beefy now...lol.

I had those Dakotas on an Explorer once and they rode very nice. I replaced the factory Goodyears with the Dakotas. The Goodyears had a lot of tread left, but they were chopped, so the ride was loud. Sounded like bad bearings.

I would do tint for sure. ALL my stuff has tint. Both Cobras, my 97 F150 and the Grand Prix I built for my girlfriend. I wanted her to feel more comfortable and it makes me feel more comfortable knowing that people can't see in her car and see her. I only did 35% so at least you can still see a person driving. She works at a hospital that borders a bad area. It's VERY busy there and she loves all the girls she works with but I just didn't like the idea of her going down there with no tint.

It looks good Brian!!

Where did you end up getting these tires from? My Jeep tires are getting there and i was debating on trying to wait it out and purchase a new truck, or if worst comes to worst i'll slap a set of new tires on it to hold me over a little longer.

Either way, the truck looks good! Need to figure out how to get some better mileage outa that beast! :D

I agree on the tint, my Audi was going to get it, but I never got around to it. My Mustang has it, My Jeep had it, and this truck will have it. I like to keep the interior cooler, and it looks better.

My GF works in the exact same situation, at a Med Scool and Hospital right near a bad area, and when she gets the Mercedes, the windows will be tinted as well.

I agree on the tint, my Audi was going to get it, but I never got around to it. My Mustang has it, My Jeep had it, and this truck will have it. I like to keep the interior cooler, and it looks better.

My GF works in the exact same situation, at a Med Scool and Hospital right near a bad area, and when she gets the Mercedes, the windows will be tinted as well.

Yeah, definately keeps the interior cooler and in better condition. Heat kills leather seats.

Mercedes?????:eek: What kind? She must be ballin!!! lol That is sweet, I'd post pics up for sure. Some Mercedes have that factory blueish/platinum tint that looks good. If not, just go standard black tint.

I got them from Pep Boys. The cheapest place for the size I wanted. So far I'm happy with them. We had a little snow storm the day I got them, and I only had to use 4wd for our driveway, I was fine on the road.

I got mine from Pep Boys too for that Explorer I had and sold. They looked good all shined up.

Just a C300 with AWD. Either black or silver. Nothing fancy, although she loves the E350 :D. She's a clinical research assistant at the Yale Med School/Hospital. She makes real good money for being out of college a mere 6 months. Seems a lot of my friends are dating girls in the medical field. We're not dumb :D.

Good to hear they shine up nicely. If it wasn't the dead of winter I would clean the truck up nicely and get good pictures. The problem is, you wash it, within 100 feet on any road it's nasty again!

Still sweet though. Pure pimp ride! She better not attract any doctors with that hot new car!!! I always kid my girlfriend about that!! She says..."Noooo...doctors are kinda in a different world, a lot of the nurses don't get along with them." That makes me feel kinda better. lol

Funny you mention that, she works a floor above her last "boyfriend". She actually disliked the fact he was doing the same thing as her. Initially she liked it, after a couple months it bothered her. She actually loved the fact I was an Engineer when she met me. I guess the fact that she knows nothing about Engineering, and figures you have to be "smart" to understand it, she likes. Either way it works out!

The only issue is, when we get a new place in a few months (the condo now has NO garage space) I will be looking into getting one with a garage, and my guess is she will be taking that space. It's alright, as it saves me helping her scrape ice/snow at 5:45 in the morning, but my F250 will be stuck outside!!!

BTW anyone want to photoshop for me? :D

Yeah, ex boyfriends are annoying. At least he is on a different floor and hopefully stays there. When my girl commuted back and forth is when we first started dating like in 2006...even though even known each other since 2004. Her boyfriend didn't get it. He went to the same University and would call her at 4:00am when we were sleeping....bl bla bla. Then when I went up for Halloween, he was gonna "kick my butt"...I told him comeover and bring some back cause your gonna need it. I'm no MMA champion, but hey...it worked. He never showed up, and the calling slowed down. Then after 2007, he stopped completely. He still gives her the IM once in a while.."How's school?" But she doesn't reply....I hate that crap.

Oh man...scrapping snow sucks! My F150 was covered and coated with hardened ice and snow. I usually warm the truck up every morning when it's like that, but I slept in 15 minutes too long. It sucked driving to work in the cold.

I got the usual $5000 offers over the phone, and scammers.

I hate that, ive been trying to sell my lightning for a few months now, and ive had like 5 different web sites call me and say "if you send me $500 dollars i will guarantee a sale at $3k above your asking price." its such nonsense, and then you get the guys that ask a bottom line before theve even seen the truck, or they have a "real nice" 72' chevelle that they want to trade straight up for.

sorry for the rant, internet scumbags get me all fired up

Yeah this ex-bf was annoying. She basically stopped contact with him when she ended it. One random day he calls her to tell her he works right below her (kind of stalkerish). He would then randomly meet up with her in the halls, and got lunch once, and sat with her at the orientation. He was texting her everyday as well. She basically spent each time they talked, talking about me, and he has since stopped. The best was the Christmas party at her place. She told me he would be there. We walked in and she pointed him out, and we never went up to him. I think that pissed him off, he left shortly there after, and has basically left her alone since. She has a few ex-bfs that do the random text/call/IM to see if she wants to hang out/talk/hook up. I think no matter who the girl is, your gonna get the ex-bfs who wont leave her alone. Their loss :D.

Yeah the ice/snow does suck. I realized now how much easier it was cleaning off the Audi vs the F250. Needed to get one of the big scraper/brush's to even come close to reaching the center of the windshield and the roof. The truck does warm up faster than the Audi though! Within a few minutes driving it it's warmer than the Audi when I let the Audi warm up for 10 mins.

The scammers were awful, but easy to avoid. The "legit" people with offers pissed me off. They call, ask if Im selling the Audi, then ask what color, mileage, etc... read the F*****G add. I cant think of how many times I hung up on the guys who ask those questions. I had one guy offer me $9000 site unseen when I was asking $16K for it. Retarded to think I would agree to that. Don't waste my time, which is obviousely worth way more than yours...

Oh well, no need to deal with that anymore! :D

Yes I did. I couldn't find a diesel close to the price of this truck, let alone a low mileage clean one. I don't need rediculous towing, hauling or speed, so I was up in the air between a gas and a diesel. If I found the right diesel I would have bought it, but I got this truck for WAY below book value (we're talking $5000+ at the time), it's clean with low mileage, and when I get it where I want it, it should look good and hopefully be in the 14-15 mpg range.

My dad just got an '06 Dodge 2500 Cummins, which is one hell of a truck, I just didn't need the diesel myself.

BTW the V-10 does extremely well with all the towing and hauling we've done so far!