New to the club...

sawbones25

Founding Member
May 29, 2001
Virginia
I recently picked up a 1995 GT vert. Auto. Bone stock.
Needs a good tune up. Had to replace a mirror to get it through inspection...

I've had several Mustangs before, but this is the first auto. Honestly I'm not happy about it. I miss shifting. :( Had to get an auto for the wife to share though... :(

So I already picked up a K&N and removed the air silencer. I plan on putting sub-frames under it soon. And probably a MAC cat-back so I can at least hear the exhaust... But I'm not going to build it up too much because it's mainly going to be a daily driver (I swear I've said that before).

I've noticed the tranny has a tendency to shudder slightly from like 1-2 or either 2-3 under light acceleration. I want to keep this car pretty stock. I'm not going to race it or anything. So if I decide to pull the tranny someday and rebuild, what should I put in it?
I read stuff on here about AOD's getting rebuilt with Kevlar bands, a stall converter, and shift kits. Would that be too much for a daily driver? I want to keep it shifting smooth, don't need it to slam into gear. But I don't want a 'slushy slippin' can't decide what gear to be in tranny' either.

• Sponsors (?)