New Track Times

cowtown

Founding Member
Nov 4, 2001
Victoria, BC Canada
Pretty busy night at Race City, only got 2 runs in as I had work to do and it was almost an hour between runs :-0.

Density Altitude was on average better than it has been for a long long while and that aside I ran my two new best runs tonight. Only difference from my runs in July was the addition of the Steeda Underdrive pullies and in this case I had nearly 5/8 a tank of fuel which is way more than I typically run (no more than a quarter tank). Both runs were with full street setup with regular air pressure, seats and mats are in place and my spare and jack are in the trunk. Here are my new times and my times from late July when I ran last. Anyone that says underdrive pullies don't do much are oh so very wrong...

Numbers in bold are best of the night.

View attachment 362905

Pretty darn happy needless to say, I should get this thing dyno'd. I really wonder what I would have run with my regular quarter tank of gas and maybe a little less weight, damn you DQ ultimate burger!!! :D :canada:

• Sponsors (?)

And in case you're wondering, uncorrected and completely stock my car ran in the middle of July in 2006 (with 1000kms on it)

.221 R/T
2.234 60'
6.253 330'
9.519 1/8th ET
76.52 1/8th MPH
12.337 1000'
14.721 1/4 ET
95.50 MPH

And who knows what the D/A was that night, but compared to my uncorrected numbers from these last two trips just the C&L with Brenspeed 93 Tune and the Steeda UDP are making a huge difference!

I was looking at your actual times only...you picked up just over .2s and 1 mph. :nice:

Edit:4.10s could very well get you .2-.3s reduction of your 60' times. You are consistant 2.2s while I ran 2.0s.

The thing I like about corrected is it helps balance out our wacked out weather here. If the DA was more consistent it wouldn't make that big of a difference trip to trip. I've seen the DA shift 1000 ft in an hour here and that screws with your ET's.

But yes quite pleased with all the numbers, using the DA#'s I can also compare to those of you at good tracks. ;)

And thanks to both of you, and thanks to WMS for selling me the pullies and pointing me towards a local guy who installed them for $86 cdn, saved me a day of labour!

KoolDawg definitely want gears, may have to wait with Winter setting in and a baby on the way in March though I may save my sheckles and get them done first thaw and crack well into the ET's I want. I'll likely only go 3.73's though as I have a long range view of a whipple and the extra gear won't be any good at that point. 3.73's should give me a nice little bit of scoot while not being too big of a difference for my day to day activities. I really only do the track 4-5 times a year and my car accelerates more than quickly enough given the crap roads and terrible traffic here in Calgary.

The other good thing is if I go and get gears I'll get the CMCV delete plates at the same time and that'll likely round out my performance mods aside from maybe some headers down the road if my buddy decides to go with the turbo kit he's considering.

4.10's really wont change your day to day driving. Some people overdo the whole "OMG 4.10's change the way the car drives on the highway!!!!".

+1!!!!!
I have put 16K miles on my car with the 4.10s since mid March. I drive my car everywhere. I commute 31 miles one way, go back and forth to Maryland which is just over 70 miles one way a few times a week and all around town and I still average right at or under 20 MPG. The 4.10s(even for an automatic)are very streetable. Highway cruising, even at speeds of 75-80 will be at or under 3000 RPM. The only time it's not, is off the line and you forget they're back there and kinda get on it...it WILL try to gve you whiplash:rlaugh: ...oh that and a tune to get rid of that annoying throttle lag.

Sweet anti:nice: I may put in UDPs sometime next year. I won't have a chance by next Sunday and that is the last time I will be taking her to the track this season.