New Track Times

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
I know its not record setting times, but it is for me :) I got three runs in at Paradise Dragstrip in Calhoun Ga Saturday. Not the best track in the world, but the closest to me (1.5 Hour drive). The track opened at 9am, but racing didn't start until 12pm due to the car show. I had to hotlap all my passes. Runs were done on 16" 555R drag radials. I launched at 3000, then 3500, then 4000 RPM. I spun everytime, then hooked. I am currently running springs and shocks that are more handling oriented. I think changing that setup will really help out my 60ft times. My newly installed line lock started leaking after my first burnout and I couldn't hold the car in the burnout box very long, so maybe a better heat up of the tires would help too. I was excited about my mph though.

Best 60ft: 1.996
Best ET: 8.486
Best (only) MPH: 88.32

Joe

Attachments

• May 2012 Show N Go.pdf
    274.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I typed this in a hurry before going to work yesterday. I meant to ask about my 60ft times. I know they can be, should be, better. What is realistic? 1.6x's, 1.7x's? I think I should be at least low 1.8x's. I am going to see about changing my coil over spring rate in the front and add some adjustable struts up front as well. I think if I could cut out the initial spinning upon launch it would help out a lot.

Joe