smitty77

Dec 9, 2003
Dyno numbers soon!

Attachments

• P1180002.JPG
    P1180002.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 907
  • Sponsors (?)

Box stock TW (TFS-51400004), TF stage 1 cam, R-lower, New 3-piece upper, TF SN 95 inlet adapter, bbk 70mm, stock 94 block assembly.

Requires after-market fuel rails. I've got the aeromotive kit.

Santa dropped it off early

I'm intrested in that exact upper.....
You say it need new fuel rails? What are the problems with the stock units?
How did you mount the elbow on the upper? I couldn't see any way to bolt the front lower bolt on.
Who much did you pay and where did you get it from?
And last question what kind of hood do you use and is there any clearance issues.
Thanks

-Jerry

The stock regulator hits the casting. The manifold was designed for billet rails. Adapter elbow goes on with nuts & studs, and a stubby wrench. 3" cowl, about 3/4" clearance in the front w/ stock engine mounts. corral.net has a nice spread on this.

Attachments

• elbow.jpg
    elbow.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 503
when i looked at it on corral.net i didnt see spots for vac lines...where did you hook those up? or dose it have places in the upper for vac lines??

your also beating around the bush on how exactly you got your fingers on it this early? haha....i take it your not going to say where you got it...

also...i thought this upper was suppose to be a box style upper...which is why im interested in it for my stroker motor

TFS-515B0008 SBF EFI BOX UPPER BARE
TFS-51500008 SBF EFI BOX UPPER SILVER
TFS-51511008 SBF EFI BOX UPPER BLACK
TFS-515B0009 351W SBF EFI BOX UPPER BARE
TFS-51500009 351W SBF EFI BOX UPPER SILVER
TFS-51511009 351W SBF EFI BOX UPPER BLACK
TFS-515UB008 SBF EFI BOX UPPER ONLY BARE
TFS-515U0008 SBF EFI BOX UPPER ONLY SILVER
TFS-515U1108 SBF EFI BOX UPPER ONLY BLACK

Plenum volume and port area maximized for 347-393. There is about 6" of runner. So putting it on a stock engine, with stock heads, wouldn't use this intake to its potential.

Davidf a RPM II is not even the same catagory as the new trick flow upper and R lower. This intake is designed for serious airflow with little consideration for low end torque. If I didnt have my 393 stroker engine(or something similiar) I wouldnt even consider this intake.....IMO

Smitty77 what is the over all height of the intake?
I'm refer to only the upper unit from the bottom of the aluminum adapter plate to the top of the intake. I might have some clearance issues that I need to address before my purchase.

smitty, any chance you can get me a close up shot of the front of the driver's side rail? Right near the distributor. I'm wondering how close it is, cause I had an intake that I couldn't fit a normal rail in there and had to get a rail that was closed on that end. Thanks in advance!

TurboSN95 said:
i dont even see a fitting on the end of the rail... do you run stock lines/fittings? can you use a spacer between the intake and the rail to move it outwards?

Dan you could convert over to the early style disti cap(the conversion people do to run those dual tunnel ram Cartech intakes) in order to get a lot of clearance, though that conversion kit I think is more than just buying a set of Pro-M rails and those would solve the problem as well since they angle the drivers side rail for more clearance around the cap. Most intakes will not let you keep a outlet on the drivers side(some people make it work but it is very tight when they do), your Spyder intake is probably one of the few exceptions.