Newbie has ques on 94 GT Conv project

Hello
I found a 94 GT Convertible that is immaculate in and out. It has the Saleen front adn rear valence and some aftermarket side skirts with aftermarket rims. It is dark green exterior with black leather interior (seats from a 2004). He says the auto trans is bad and it has 88K. It has flowmasters, HID lights, MSD 6AL box and coil/cap/rotor. It starts up quick and sounds good (don't know if H pipe installed). He was asking 3.8K and I offered 2.3K and he agreed. He also had new in box Perfomer Aluminum heads, Edelbrock upper and lower and elbow, and a Comp Cams 280 kit (timing wheels, chain, springs, retainers, etc,) that he wanted 1.6K and I offered 1.1K he countered 1.2K. What do you think of the value of the car and are the parts something I could use to make this car stronger yet streetable. He doesn't have headers and when I looked on the Comp Cam site they recommend 2500 stall, headers, bigger mass air and bigger TB for this cam. What could I look to make with this installed with mass air, tb and headers? Is a higher stall really necessary?

Thanks
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like a good deal to me for both. you can do without a stall but your going to want one in a month. easier to get it done at one shot. or convert to manual. t/b should be a 70mm and don't forget the elbow. mass air is needed for when you get the larger 24 or 30# injectors you need with that combo. headers aren't needed but also a good idea to do them while your in there. i would buy the car, fix the tranny and put a stall in. drive it for a bit and save some cash up for the other things you'll need for the h/c/i install and do it all at once.

The AODE used are few around here with low miles so I did consider a 5 sp swap but I am not sure what are the parts list (and cost) for that swap. Is it all bolt in or is there some fabricating? I thought about g etting 5spd roller and having someone transfer everything but again I am not sure of the procedure.