newbie with 4 cyl.

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the site looks like good place to start for the intercooler, exhaust and blow-off. Next question is for 20+ pounds of boost what turbo and will i have to trick the m.a.f. Just want all info i can get cause I have been around v-8 engines growing up. was a mechanic on automotive and heavy equipment but still have no clue when it comes to pumping up a 4 cyl turbo. again thanks

I know im asking dumb questions but like it says new to 4 cyl especially with turbos but where can i find factory wiring harnesses. Along with the question thats been bouncing in my head should i talk to esslinger about a stroker kit and a head if i want 400hp out of a street car? Or go with bolt on parts want somewhat chesp but to be reliable.

Check out boport.com for your cam he knows his stuff. You'll have a SD setup instead of maf. Either way at 400hp you'll probably be looking at a stand alone setup like a PIMP or mega squirt and scrapping the speed density stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You can start out with simple mods for a nice boost in power....Gillis valve (manual boost valve), 3" downpipe and full exhaust, and a better intake in front of the turbo (or at least a cone filter). Beyond that you're getting more involved, depends on how much you wanna spend.