Newbie with spoiler dilemna!!!

bcoon

Dec 5, 2004
Hey all. I'm brand new to the website and just got a Mineral Grey 05 GT. I must say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR. It's actually my ninth Mustang, so I have lots to compare it to. Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm glad I finally signed up. Now on to business... I didn't feel like waiting for an ordered one, so I just found the color I wanted on line and drove hours to get it. It DOES have the rear spoiler though, and I've decided I just can't live with it. Any ideas??? Anybody have an 05 Mineral Grey V6 without a spoiler and want to swap trunks??? Can I just order a new trunk from a dealer? Any idea how much that would be???

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

why not just remove it and have the holes (if they are drilled in) filled and trunk lid repainted, probably cheaper than buying a new trunk, or find a nice duck tail and have that thrown on instead.

Actually, bcoon has a good idea. It may take a while to find the Mineral Grey V6 buyer, but it will happen.

Bcoon-

Talk to your local dealers. They may even do a part swap with a Mineral Grey V6 that they have in stock in order to make it look more snazzy for their buyers.

No dealers seem too interested in swapping for whatever reason.

Do you think the ducktail spoilers that are coming out will cover the factory spoilers holes? I do like the ducktail.