Night Shifter 00GT build progress thread

Yup actually just placed teh order:D I just finished doing some driving training last week for work. We beat the shat out of them cars. I already loved flying thru the twisties but now i have a little more skill and its that much funner:rock:

• Sponsors (?)

UPDATE

i missed ups this morning for the cobra brake kit so i had to wait till 7pm to go to ups and pick them up..is there any trick to taking the brake pads out of these things? i was gonna pull them out to make it easier painting them but they seem stuck...the stockers just come out easy... maybe im retardo :shrug: anyway, here they are:

IMG_3377-1.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

:nice:

i almost feel bad that i am going to be sanding the red down and painting it

Well, just pull the pin and rotate the caliper out of its bracket and the pads pop right out. :nice:

Whats wrong with red? I wish mine were factory red. I painted them on the car but ahen I get it in the air it looks bad cause I didnt paint the back and its spotted in a couple spots. Now I am gonna have to completly remove them and redo it the right way. Wana trade :D

JK, great progress though. And :rlaugh: @ the "How do I get the pads out?" n00b :rolleyes: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey man all ive ever know was these stock, touch em and have the pads fall out, pads lol... i dun never did have anyfing guud like dis bafore :D j/k thanks for the info though.... i hate being a noob :nonono:
Dude, I was just playing. Gotta ask questions, I knew jack about Terminators a year or so ago even though I once owned a vert :rlaugh: There were alot of :doh: moments working on that car :nonono: Keep up the good work! Cant wait to see the brakes on the car :nice: Ya know, some wheel spacers up front and have the rear widened to hold a 315 and that car would be a sic sleeper :drool:
Id love to have a set of the stock GT brakes for my Mark VIII, that would make a huge difference over its tiny rotor and single piston caliper :nonono:

Were you really trying to remove the pads without swinging the caliper out of its bracket?

umm yeah...now bracket is on floor and pads are in caliper and that pin thing is giving me the worst headache ever cause i cant get the bracket back on... how the hell is the pin really supposed to come off and how the crap do i put this back together?

oh and i knew you were joking lol..and i might possibly be willing to make a deal on my stockies for your mark.....one of the pistons on the drivers side needs replaced though...

*EDIT* nevermind, apparently i was in retard mode and just clicked out of it and put them back together... for future reference, what is the proper way of pulling that pin out?

instead of going through that crap again i guess im just gonna tape around the bracket and kinda half arse it...should i paint over the cobra letters then sand the paint off the letter so they go back to the crome look or what do you all suggest??? i started taping them off and trying to cut the tape to the letter but fawk that is hard

Id sand it off. I had to tape mine because the "COBRA" is recessed. :notnice: Really though, the Cobras brakes are one of the easiest out there to replace. Only tool you need is a set of pliers to pull the clip off the pin. Caliper tilts out with the other sides groove being the pivot point and bam, the caliper is out of the bracket. Then you just push the pads out and youre good to go. :nice:

BREAK JOB COMPLETE!

painted them blue and they came out damn good...intalled and damn those rotors take up every inch of space they could lol..for some reason in the pics the blue looks brighter than it really is...on with the show:

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

i was going to clean the drivers side wheel well while i was at it today but it was only 38* today... so i think ill wait till tomorrow when its in the 50's to do that...on a side note, hitting your knuckles on sharp objects in 38* wheather EFFING SUCKS!

so how much time is this going to ADD to my 1/4 mile due to the increase of rotating weight?

Posted via Mobile Device i painted over it..once they were dry i was able to just scrape it off with my fingernail..i gues the paint was dry enough to touch but wet enough for it to slide off..if that makes since :shrug:

Damn brotha, I didn't know u had all this going on??? Thats one hell of a parts list!!!

The brakes came out great. I painted my Cobra brakes for the fox red & sanded off the cobra lettering as well...

As far as the wheels go, I would get the rears widened to 10" or 11"....