"Nightmare" as a nickname for my car.

Picture019.jpg

What do you guys think, will it fit the car. I mean, it is red and black.

night·mare (ntmâr)
n.

A dream arousing feelings of intense fear, horror, and distress.
An event or experience that is intensely distressing.
A demon or spirit once thought to plague sleeping people

Attachments

• Picture019.jpg
    Picture019.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Sponsors (?)

what about

Incubus

n. pl. in·cu·bus·es or in·cu·bi (-b)

1. An evil spirit supposed to descend upon and have sexual intercourse with women as they sleep.
2. A nightmare.
3. An oppressive or nightmarish burden.

my 78 vette was "Mr. Hanky The Corvette Poo" cuz it was a brown piece of ****. seriously once i started sprayin a 250 on it it would shell out a diff everytime i hooked up.

i have never named another one of my cars since.

i don't care for nightmare, how about "bloody 'pon" ????

its cool, but it seems a little unoriginal. Nicknames can't be forced, you gotta let them happen.

My first car (92 sho) was named the grocery getter, by one of my friends after we beat a kid in a riced out civic. he said "this four door grocery getter just smoked your **** pot".

My second car(94probe gts) had a terrible name but it will forever be "the anal probe." And again it was named by one of my friends.

My Gt now is the "Green monster", named by a die hard red sox fan after they beat my beloved yankees in the alcs two years ago.

my point is that you will know what your cars nickname is when it happens. Unfortunately it isn't always what you want it to be.

94GTMOOSE said:
my point is that you will know what your cars nickname is when it happens. Unfortunately it isn't always what you want it to be.

I agree ... but I also think that a car can be compared to ... a child ... or pet, lol. In this case, it needs a name. Out of all the cars I've had, only 2 were named. My Stang's name is Carroll .... after one of my favorite race car drivers / designers (Carroll Shelby). Most people think it's named after a girl .... which is actually the traditional way.

My old red Ranger (V6 + Eaton M-90 :D ) was named Hurricane by my cousin .... because:

1. It was quick.

2. It was red with a black hood (hurricane flag is red with a black square in the middle).

3. I'm in NC (Carolina Hurricane's -- hockey team).

Nacho .... that truck is long gone ... so you can use that name if you want. Afterall, your car looks like a hurricane flag!

Jinx, go to bed and let the grown ups talk in peace. lol
Incubus' definition is pretty cool. Hurricane is also pretty cool too. Don't know yet. I call it "El Ferrari" but I really don't want to call it that in front of everyone. lol, I'll be getting some NOS to back up the name for a while. I'm not always going to win anyways.