Nitrous Problem..

ZIPP0

Founding Member
Sep 14, 2002
Philadelphia
Ok I got bought a NOS system for christmas Just had to do it. Just got around to installing it, did it all by myself.

Any way it is a single nozzle shot with a 100 shot nozzle. I put it in..no leaks or anything in the lines. Here is my problem...I don't feel any hp gain when I do it. I don't really get why, I should feel a 100 shot in 2nd or 3rd gear but I don't.

Like I said before, no leaks, I went through the fire wall, only hard part was drilling the cam cover. the nozzle hole is a perfect fit.

Can anybody help on why I would not feel it...all the presure gauges are fine as I said before..and I am 99% sure that their are no leaks when I hit the button.

You can also email me at [email protected] for your help.

Thanks. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I would imagine its pretty cold where you live have a bottle warmer? I didnt have a bottle warmer and put it on a dyno and I was only gaining like 30 hp, then I installed the bottle warmer redynoed and then I was gaining about 85 to the wheels.

Whats your bottle pressure at when you try to hit it. It needs to be 900-1100. Anything lower and the less it will hit. Like if you had a 100 shot at 600 bottle pressure your actually getting like 50 hp, etc. Is the wot switch hooked up correctly.

Josh

MustangLife said:
Whats your bottle pressure at when you try to hit it. It needs to be 900-1100. Anything lower and the less it will hit. Like if you had a 100 shot at 600 bottle pressure your actually getting like 50 hp, etc. Is the wot switch hooked up correctly.

Josh
Thats the absolute truth, and if the pressure is say 600 and your actually getting about a 50 shot, the jet will spray the amount of fuel needed for the 100 shot. Which will slow you down even more because you will be running way to rich you should have seen my a/f ratios without the bottle warmer it was way to high.

Not to jack your thread, but I am "Nitrously-challenged" and have been reading up on every post I can. Just curious why you have to drill the cam cover for the nitrous install? Thats one thing I hadn't read before and caught me off guard.

I'm wanting to go with a 100-shot closer to fall when I have the cash.

ZIPP0 said:
Ok I got bought a NOS system for christmas Just had to do it. Just got around to installing it, did it all by myself.

Any way it is a single nozzle shot with a 100 shot nozzle. I put it in..no leaks or anything in the lines. Here is my problem...I don't feel any hp gain when I do it. I don't really get why, I should feel a 100 shot in 2nd or 3rd gear but I don't.

Like I said before, no leaks, I went through the fire wall, only hard part was drilling the cam cover. the nozzle hole is a perfect fit.

Can anybody help on why I would not feel it...all the presure gauges are fine as I said before..and I am 99% sure that their are no leaks when I hit the button.

You can also email me at [email protected] for your help.

Thanks. :shrug:

by any chance you wouldnt have a Honda S2000 would you.. nice try!!!http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174075&perpage=25&pagenumber=1
OWNDED!!!!!