Nitto 305-45-18 Drag Radials Are On!

HotRodHarry

Jul 22, 2007
New Jersey
I will get some pics tomorrow in the day light.

Just awesome...really look beefy back there! And stick just awesome. Work real nice with the 4.10 gears and fill that stock wheel well space nicely out back. On the stock rims.

Road tested them...even better ride now because of the nice sidewall. Pick up abit of the dirt on the roads..but they all do that. Grab the road real good. I banged second third and fourth and just a chirp and thats it.

Now rubbing anywhere. Real nice fit on the stock ride height cars. 28.7 compared to 27 stock. 12 inches wide.

The Lighting guys have used this size for awhile now and seem to like them.

• Sponsors (?)

They are not the best for traction I am sure compared to BFG or Mickey's. But this is the size that works awesome with the GT500's sitting so high stock and with 4.10 gears. I used 720 revolutions in the tune..calls for 722.

And I love the look...I am old school...big huge tires in back. Plus alot of sidewall. Should work real nice with the pressure down.

shelbynitto.jpg

shelbynitto1.jpg

shelbynitto2.jpg

Doesn't look bad at all, and if that's what you like that's what you get! :p

I have the BFG KDWs running on my 11" rear, and they only offer up to 295. I really need a 305 back there.

Hello, I just got an 07 about a month ago. Have any of you had problems with wheelhop? Mine wheelhops severly. I put a set of adjustable Qa1 shocks on and I have them set at 6 clicks from soft but it still does it . Ican go 6clicks stiffer and see if that helps. Do these cars need the control arms replaced with aftermarket ones? Let me know what you think.THANKS

I had very little wheel hop once in awhile with the stock tires....but now...zero.

In the colder months wheel hop is more common....even with drag radials.

With my 03 Cobera's I had...some hopped real bad..some didnt. One tire that got rid of the hop totally ...and yes..I had QA1 shocks in some of them....The tire is the Mickey Thompson ET Street biased ply tire. No hop at all then. Not even in the colder months. Noticed the same in my older musclecars. Biased ply tires..no hop..put radials on to give them a nicer ride....hop hop hop...

I think the standard and aftermarket non drag radial, radial tires. Promote wheel hop in cars that are prone to it. Its the structure of the tire. They are very bouncey by nature.

Thats my take on it anyway.

Thanks for the advice hot rod harry. My next mods will be a steeda 2.6 pulley cold air kit and steeda tune with a SCT tuner. I am going with steeda because I had real good luck with their tune on my 2000 gt with a vortech.I will keep you posted on how that works out. THANKS

Dude, you realize you just posted a question on a 6 year old thread?

If you're interested in what will fit on an SN95, you'd have a lot better luck posting that question there, instead of on an S197 thread.

I don't know about the 4.6 SN95 section, but in the 94-95 5.0 section, there's plenty of posts about tire sizes, what fits, etc. You're going to need to know a lot more than just tire size. You'll need to know what backspacing/offset, wheel diameter, etc.