No Headlights - can flick on bright lights

ChevelleStang

Apr 22, 2011
I have a 1990 GT Conv. - im having headlight problems. When I turn on the parking lights and then the headlights, I have the parking lights on but i get no headlights. I thought it was the duel filament bulb. So i bought new headlight bullbs, NOT THE PROBLEM. So i bought a new Headlight/Fog Light switch for the dash, NOT THE PROBLEM. Im not sure where to look now. I am going to pull the switch out and check to see if any of the adaptors for the switch have been burned? Guys, i need some help. Anybody have anything else I can check?

• Sponsors (?)

No headlight relay.

What do you mean about being able to flick on the bright lights?

If flash-to-pass illuminates both lows and highs, look at the red/yellow feed from the hdlt switch where it enters the MF switch. The wire can back out and/or burn.

When I push in the button on MF switch. The parking lights come on but low lights don't. But the MF switch for turn signals, I can push forward to put the brights on doesn't work, but I can pull that lever to me to flash the brights and they will come on. As long as I have that lever held toward myself the bright lights stay on. Do you think a wire is burned from the adaptor to the mf switch for the head/fog lights?

Its not the MF switch. I just put a brand new one in. Iam going to order the adaptors for the headlight and fog lights that connect from the harness to the switch. I'm hoping maybe a wire is burned on the adaptor.

Both the highs and lows come on when I use FTP.

If flash-to-pass illuminates both lows and highs, look at the red/yellow feed from the hdlt switch where it enters the MF switch. The wire can back out and/or burn.

How did that wire look and did it have continuity?

Since low and high function in FTP, the wiring from the MF switch to the lights should be fine. It's an issue between the hdlt switch and the MF switch.

I have been really busy this week and have not had a free minute to get out and check the wires behind the MF switch and the ground wire. Please keep a look out on this thread for me. i am going to try and look at all of that one day this week and for sure over the weekend. i will respond as soon as i get a chance to look at it. Thanks for the help!

I figured it out...it's the MFS!!! See the red w/yellow tracer wire in ur light switch? It goes to the MFS....that's the signal wire to the MFS.....if you turn ur lights on ..... the red w/black tracer should have power....if it does not it's ur MFS.

Reactions: 1 user