Electrical No Headlights(low/high Beams), Need Help!!

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by bgerads1984, Nov 26, 2013.

1. I just replaced my heater core in my 1996 GT and now i have no low or high beams. All other lights work and i have power to the headlight switch and the multifunction switch. But there is now power at the plugs to the headlights and when I hit the switch for the highs there is also no indicator in the gauge cluster. All fuses looked good also. I don't know where to go from here...HELP PLEASE
  2. First, are you aware there is an automatic reset circuit breaker inside the head light switch? To rule out the head light switch, confirm there is +12 volts at the Head light R/Y wire with the switch on.

Double check I/P fuse 16. If I/P#16 is good and the high beam dash indicator does not work, then either:
    • bad multi-function switch
    • Blown fuse in engine bay.
    • bad G204 cluster ground
    • loose/missing connector C288, C212, C105, or C240.
    Since the dash has been removed/re-installed, this opens up the possibility of a missed or loose connector.

A full set of wiring diagram and service manual would be useful in trouble shooting as this may be more complex than the typical "failed part" repair. If interested in getting a copy for yourself I may be able to help. PM if interested.
  3. Thank you very much for you reply wmburns! It was very helpful. I ended up just walking through the process of replacing the heater again. As I was unplugging the connectors at the kick panel on the drivers side I found the little round connector hiding behind the big block one with the bolt in it. I forgot to plug that one in. Man do I feel like an idiot... but problem is now fixed. Thanks again!!!