No Oil

WTF..........................I'm such a domestic Newbie. You guys are great, hell you told me what the problem was and didn't even make fun of me. lol

Well I'll be changing my oil soon. lol

I started the opposite. I drained the main plug, and thought my car was using oil.
Then I discovered the front plug.

BTW - I recommend taking your main plug to a parts store and buying a magnetic oil plug. I've found a few pieces of metal over the years on mine. :p

• Sponsors (?)

Paul, very wise thoughts. Do you have a part number/source for reasonably priced magnetic plugs? All I've been able to find is non-magnetic ones, sans from places like LRS, where they are real pricey. I could use 4 of them. :bang:

Man you guys have some good stories.lol :rlaugh:

Believe it or not when I got my first car(88 Accord) I drove it around with hand turned spark plugs for like 2 weeks, then I started my automotive career. lol

BTW I'll definetly be getting some magnetic plugs, should Advance or NAPA know the size of the plugs???

Moose, those kits are tried and true - you should have no issues at all. The one thing I'll note: I HATE the idea of rubber lines in an oiling system. If a line ruptures, talk about having a bad day. That's the reason I don't have an engine oil cooler on the 94 - I don't have the cheddar for braided line.

Good luck with the project. :nice:

i hate all rubber hoses:nonono:

when i first got my 93 i only changed the oil with the rear drain plug lol i couldn't figure out why i wasnt using all the oil i bought haha...then after the first oil change i took it in and had the whole engine went thru and there was about 2 pounds of jb weld in my pan and 2 big holes and the dipstick was rigged into the low oil sensor thing....we put a chrome pan on it and its was easy to find that other drain plug lol.

i remember when i looked at the car he said it dripped oil pretty good lol and i remember pulling out the dipstick and it wouldn't go back in...probley because of the way they had it all ghettoed up but i was glad to have a completly drip free burn free engine once the pan was replaced i love easy fixes:D

I was working with brother on an explorer and the oil was black, had no tranny fluid thats what we were working on, spark plugs were loose undid with fingers loose, plug wire not on spark plug. cracked rad fan., power steering fluid every where. missed gapped sparkplugs. some people just dont know. Although most cars have only drain plug.

when i bought one of my cars, it had a loose spark plug, i didnt know it until, i thought i was getting shot at when it finally decided to blow out:rlaugh:

Try changing the oil on a 4x4 F150 with a 302. It runs down the side of the filter and right around the front diff... big mess made more fun by a bunch of spots to drip on the floor. lol

no no no... try changing the oil on any markviii... unbelievable how messy it is, then when that is over, you have to find out how to actually get the filter out.. i know how, but it took me owning 3 of them to figure it out.lol
my dealership is also lucky enough to have mazda's, so almost every one of them has a skid plate underneith with 7 10mm blots holding it in, which happen to strip/freeze all the time. then there is also the cx-7 which has an acess door for the drain plug in the skidplate... yet you still have to pull the whole thing off to get to the filter:nonono:

whoa whoa wait a second...coupes dont have that brace???

I scrape EVERYWHERE and that brace has kept my oil pan getting damaged.....what happens to the guys that have really low coupes??

Really? All I've ever seen on the coupes is that straight bar that goes accross the K-member, but it doesn't really pass underneath the rear oil plug. The verts have a huge 4-point x-brace with a big square metal piece right underneath the oil drain plug. It has a maybe 1" hole in the center for the oil to drain through, which would work in an ideal world. Maybe the PO installed the 'vert brace on your coupe :shrug:
But yeah, its the first thing to scrape everything, and has saved my oil pan countless times.

edit: nevermind. I read that thinking you said you had a coupe with a 'vert brace. I was confused.

Really? All I've ever seen on the coupes is that straight bar that goes accross the K-member, but it doesn't really pass underneath the rear oil plug. The verts have a huge 4-point x-brace with a big square metal piece right underneath the oil drain plug. It has a maybe 1" hole in the center for the oil to drain through, which would work in an ideal world. Maybe the PO installed the 'vert brace on your coupe :shrug:
But yeah, its the first thing to scrape everything, and has saved my oil pan countless times.

edit: nevermind. I read that thinking you said you had a coupe with a 'vert brace. I was confused.

yeah sorry i wasnt clear...i do have a vert.

i was just amazed that the coupes dont have the brace that us verts have.
that brace has also saved my ass a million times.

i was just wondering if coupe guys are always damaging their oil pans. :shrug: