Noob From Oklahoma

5 Liter Fever

Jan 29, 2012
Hey all.

I've always been a Mustang guy & drove the wheels off a couple back in my youth--then I got married.

I was 'stangless for about 16 years. I caught the fever back in the summer of 2010 & decided I needed to get back in the saddle. I ended up buying an '83 GT which, of course, my wife hated. It was a little rough cosmetically but it was straight & still had some giddy up.

83profile.jpg

Fast forward to September 2011. My wife decided she needed a new car--a Mercedes to be exact. Yuck. She found one she thought she liked at a Ford Dealership so we went to test drive it. Unimpressed. I asked her if she'd consider the 2007 Mustang GT sitting nearby. Nope, not a chance. I talked the salesman into firing it up while we walked around it. The Flowmasters did it. Test drive. She loved it. We bought it.

2007gt.jpg

I had to go back up to the dealership to pick up some paperwork. While I was waiting I got to talking to the salesman about the 5.0. He said he had one & asked if I wanted to test drive it. Of course. I'd just bought a car so buying another one a few days later was out--but I instantly fell in love with the '12.

So, last month I decided I must have one, now. I have a friend who owns a dealership. I ordered a Grabber Blue base GT, 6 MT, Brembos, & 3.73's. Ford cancelled the order (no allocation) so my friend got on the locator to find one. The only one in the entire US like I ordered was in VA. No problem, I'll wait. Got here a couple of weeks ago.

imag0061nf.jpg

Attachments

• 83profile.jpg
    83profile.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 2007gt.jpg
    2007gt.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 75
  • imag0061nf.jpg
    imag0061nf.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

Fast forward to September 2011. My wife decided she needed a new car--a Mercedes to be exact. Yuck. She found one she thought she liked at a Ford Dealership so we went to test drive it. Unimpressed. I asked her if she'd consider the 2007 Mustang GT sitting nearby. Nope, not a chance. I talked the salesman into firing it up while we walked around it. The Flowmasters did it. Test drive. She loved it. We bought it.......
I had to go back up to the dealership to pick up some paperwork. While I was waiting I got to talking to the salesman about the 5.0. He said he had one & asked if I wanted to test drive it. Of course. I'd just bought a car so buying another one a few days later was out--but I instantly fell in love with the '12.
So, last month I decided I must have one, now. I have a friend who owns a dealership. I ordered a Grabber Blue base GT, 6 MT, Brembos, & 3.73's. Ford cancelled the order (no allocation) so my friend got on the locator to find one. The only one in the entire US like I ordered was in VA. No problem, I'll wait. Got here a couple of weeks ago.
imag0061nf.jpg

Hi 5 Liter Fever,

I'm new to the forum as well! Congratulation on both 'Stangs. My co-worker is drooling and so am I. :D

Noemi

Attachments

• imag0061nf.jpg
    imag0061nf.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 71