November Factory Stock and FAST DRAGS Muscle Car race

GONZO

Nov 12, 2003
This years event despite the weather, turned out to be a success!! Most parts of the Northeast were under some form of snow or ice precipation early in the morning, but the skies cleared later in the day, although it was still cold and very windy. 36 degrees, and 20-30 mph side wind gusts!
Raceway Park did their best to try to accomidate all of the racers wishes, and did a good job prepping the track for the event. Inspite of the fact that it was covered in ice early in the morning.

Again inspite of all this......... NEW F.A.S.T class ET amd MPH records were set here this day. This proves again Raceway Park even under less then optimal weather conditions can come through.

The Buick versus Hemi Mopar rivalry is alive and well! Greg Gessler and Dave Dudek once again duked it out with some amazing displays of driving ability and control. These guys are absolute PRO's. The staff at Raceway Park, who in the control rooms were watching the F.A.S.T & F/S classes closely, were commenting that THIS display of driving abilties were among the most impressive they have seen. And this track regularily sees the very top drivers in all of drag racing.

All competitors recieved trophies, and will get a FREE video of the event as soon as we edit it, in the next month. I would like to thank the F.A.S.T competitors who drove countless hours to compete. Among the long distance drivers were.. Tom Cannon with his awesome Challenger, Pat Wendling's incredible 69' Firebird RAIV, and Dave Dudek Jr & Sr. that drove from Michigan get a special Thank You for coming out to support the event.

I also want to thank the 17 Factory Stock attendees that braved the weather, some driving with NO Trailers from CT, where there was 4" of snow.

-------------------------------------------------------

Again Thanks guys for coming out. We will have videos ready as soon as we can. Dave Dudek and Greg Gessler will be featured in Raceway Park news, and we are talking about having at least 2 events next year here, and possibly more. The event schedule for next year is being worked out now. I will try to get a US Muscle Drags 2-day event scheduled. This may have a decent chance, since Raceway Park considers this event to be a success. A bigger success than they had thought possible, under the threatning weather predictions.

I will have Race Results, updated pictures and videos uploaded on the site as I get them. Also thanks to Mike Kamm for also coming out and helping with the video taping of the event. With his and others also taping the event, we have several video camera angles and should have some good material to post soon.

www.musclecarrace.com

69' 400 cubes RAIV Judge auto..12.96@108 factory stock

GREAT TO SEE So many beautiful Fords here. I 68' Mustang 428 Cobra Jet qualified 3rd, but broke in the final round. Water Pump.

• Sponsors (?)

Traction, we don't need no stinkin' traction

The answer is barely. Dave's 11.03 pass was w/ a 1.9x 60 ft. I run an LT1 Vette (didn't make Gonzo's race) and my best 60 ft. ever is in the 1.90's. It's one of the slowest cars in FAST (low 13's). It has taken me three years w/ this car to get there. I was at consistent 2.20's on my 60 ft. when I first put this car together. You've got to be an awesome driver to launch on the skinny's, especially w/ a 4 speed.