Now I need advice / opinion

Vegas Stang

Feb 27, 2008
Bought these side skirts on E Bay, probably modified from a Taurus. I painted them and test fitted the drivers side today, using 3 screws and some double sided tape just to see how they look. Obviously my car is not a true Cobra and as I have began adding different air dam and cowl scoop I am getting into modded more than resto. Fit is pretty good considering they have not been fully mounted.
So what do you think of the spats?
2954318_164_full.jpg

2954318_165_full.jpg

2954318_167_full.jpg

2954318_168_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I think it looks pretty good. They almost look like they might have been an option. The only thing that I can see, and you probably see it too, is if you do opt to put them on, the 2 upturned parts at the front and rear will need either the red pinstripe or removed somehow. I kinda think if you put the stripe on it that it will blend. :nice:

I am sorry, I don't like them. I want to, but I just don't. When adding anything to a II it has to match the lines of the car. This is really hard because everything on it is half round and half aggressively angular. Parts from bubble cars like the Taurus don't look right on it and parts from angular cars like a fox Mustang don't look right on it either. (in my opinion). That being said I really like your car, and I will still like it with those skirts.:D

I saw those on eBay, and didn't like them. But, the pictures they used really sucked. If they use YOUR pictures, they will likely sell a ton of them!

I really like it now that I see it on your car. If I could change one thing, it would be to do away with the ridge in the center, make it smooth all the way through. But, I like the overall countour quite a bit.

There is just something not quite right about that sort of side skirt on a car... it looks too much like a step on a truck. However you are truly a master at modifying cars - I want to like the step bar even though I don't - odd (scratches head).

d