NSR cams???

• Sponsors (?)

Talked to the guys at Sutton. Thats your guys best guess to get accurate information. I know they have installed and dynoed several FRPP cams and Comp Cams. Both on N/A and blower results. They will very soon probably doing the cams on a dead stock GT to give true results of the cams and a tune only. At the track last weekend heard them talking about various combos they've done can't remember all the results accurately off the top of my head now.

Talked to the guys at Sutton. Thats your guys best guess to get accurate information. I know they have installed and dynoed several FRPP cams and Comp Cams. Both on N/A and blower results. They will very soon probably doing the cams on a dead stock GT to give true results of the cams and a tune only. At the track last weekend heard them talking about various combos they've done can't remember all the results accurately off the top of my head now.

See, that's misleading, though. It's hard to ascertain how much was actually picked up from the cams. They'd be best off tuning an otherwise stock GT, then putting the cams in. Otherwise, you'll see how much you get out of cams AND a tune, thus not an accurate reading on what the cams alone are worth. The majority of us already have tunes and intakes, so we already have the tune portion. Something to pass on if you talk to them again.

See, that's misleading, though. It's hard to ascertain how much was actually picked up from the cams. They'd be best off tuning an otherwise stock GT, then putting the cams in. Otherwise, you'll see how much you get out of cams AND a tune, thus not an accurate reading on what the cams alone are worth. The majority of us already have tunes and intakes, so we already have the tune portion. Something to pass on if you talk to them again.

Its going to be hard to ever get a dead exact result. The car they are using may have a CAI, but they were trying to get a stock car. The car they are going to use is not 100% set yet, so we'll have to wait and see. Its harder than you'd imagine for a shop to always find the perfect test mule for every part.

Speaking of cams, I was reading yesterday about comp cams new cams that keep the cvt, they have 3 different series of them. Thier getting some great numbers, some around 80 hp. They use a cam phaser limiter kit to make use of the cvt to our benifit. JDM engineering made over 400 hp at the wheels with a 298 stroker and these cams all motor.

Speaking of cams, I was reading yesterday about comp cams new cams that keep the cvt, they have 3 different series of them. Thier getting some great numbers, some around 80 hp. They use a cam phaser limiter kit to make use of the cvt to our benifit. JDM engineering made over 400 hp at the wheels with a 298 stroker and these cams all motor.

Definitely sounds good, but then you're looking at over $1k for installation, due to the springs and retainers needing replacing. You can get the NSR cams installed for around $300. If you have the money to do so, I'm sure those cams are better, though.

Quick question:

Can you use Steeda UDPs with aftermarket cams or these NSR cams?

If I were to get these cams, can Brenspeed make another tune file(s) and send them through email just like the other ones?:)

Quick question:

Can you use Steeda UDPs with aftermarket cams or these NSR cams?

If I were to get these cams, can Brenspeed make another tune file(s) and send them through email just like the other ones?:)

I would get a custom dyno tune with cams..

I'm probably going to be getting the hot rod cams along with some CMDP's, UD pullies, and an aluminum flywheel. The pullies and flywheel should help make up some of the low end loss from the cams.

Power VS. Sound

Heres a dyno sheet on the Comp NSR stage II cams. They make better power than the FRPP cams but don't sound as lopey as the FRPP's. So it will be a decision of sound over power. Also comp has come out with the Thumpr cam, its really the Stage III NSR cam. There maybe two other thumpr cams out later, atleast thats the word on the street.

Comp NSR Stage II's:
Comp Stage II NSR Camshafts (No Springs Required)

Sound Video of Comp NSR Stage II's:
YouTube - my stang

Sound video of Comps NSR Stage III's (Thumpr Cam):
YouTube - Thumpr Ford 3 Valve cams by COMP Cams

I talked with the FRPP guys at the Woodward Dream Cruise last month.

They started a few cars for me (I was asking about exhaust) and he pointed out that the "loud one" had cams and heads on it.

Basically he said with these "new" cams (prolly the Hot Rod cams) and their ported heads, intake, tune, mufflers....(not sure if there was much else), they were getting around 380-385 rwhp.

I asked him on price (cams+heads) and he pulled some number out of his head of around $3K or so...ish.

Take that for what it's worth.