Nx Wet On 99 Cobra

bakes5_0

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
adrian,mi
alright i have a couple q's i just got my nx wet kit w/ bottle heater & msd window switch w/ pills ......before i start wiring everything up is there anything else i should get ...like i see it does not come w/ a filter should i buy one. is there anything in the kit thats needs upgraded?? or anything else that is worth the purchase and gonna be easier on me to get now???
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have been running an NX kit for over a year. You need the purge solenoid and button. Also, make sure you change the plugs out to NGK TR-6 or Motorcraft AWSF-22C gapped at 0.035". Retard the timing 2 degrees for a 100 shot. Back off the low fuel pressure switch two turns so that it won't cycle on and off as your fuel pump tries to keep up. Make sure the air fuel ratio is correct with a 100 hp jets. Your stock 99 pump is not adequate for anything over a 100 shot. I put in an '03 pump and converted to a return style system. It works pretty good.

Joe Lynch

I have had my NX kit on for 7 months now and havent had any major problems. Only thing bad I have had happen is I did get a back fire at the strip and it blew my intake hose in half. I ordered the new c&l truflow pipe to fix the problem. For now I have ductape holding my cracked one together (hey some of us have to save to buy parts).

One peice of advice when installing the adaptor into the fuel rail be careful it is brass and breaks real easy. I know first hand

Thunder5.0 said:
Joe Lynch, How did you make it a return style fuel system? Did you have to change the computer? Sounds like a good idea.

Added Zone V Performance eFPC electronic fuel pressure controller and an Aeromotive A-1000-6 mechanical regulator, teed into the fuel line, added a return to the tank. Set the regulator at 50 psi, told the computer that the pressure was low using the eFPC and the computer sped the pump up, then the regulator takes over.

Joe

Joe Lynch said:
Added Zone V Performance eFPC electronic fuel pressure controller and an Aeromotive A-1000-6 mechanical regulator, teed into the fuel line, added a return to the tank. Set the regulator at 50 psi, told the computer that the pressure was low using the eFPC and the computer sped the pump up, then the regulator takes over.

Joe

I like that conversion. What does a system like that cost? :nice: