O/R H-pipe

RedFox5.0

Apr 3, 2007
PA
I recently bought an O/R H-pipe. I found out that if I don't have the o2 override plugs that my cars computer will make it run like crap. Now what I want to know is:

How much of an HP gain do you even get with and H-pipe and O2 plugs?

Should I just take it back? My car already sounds alright.

Where to get O2 override plugs?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know,, I'm not sure if I should keep it. I have emissions in my County so I will have to rip it out every year. I know no one who would pass it. I'm thinking I should maybe send it back and get either 3.73 or 4.10's for it instead. I would probably benefit from the gears more.

I don't know,, I'm not sure if I should keep it. I have emissions in my County so I will have to rip it out every year. I know no one who would pass it. I'm thinking I should maybe send it back and get either 3.73 or 4.10's for it instead. I would probably benefit from the gears more.

Your are right about the gears giving u more of a benefit on a near stock 98 GT. The H will give u a little bit more top end HP & make your car sound sick though.

The sound is sooo worth it man. Technically, with the MIL's your car *would* pass inspection so long as you can get it to pass the visual part. The OBDII test wouldnt know the wiser. Just gotta see if you cant find someone and see if they'll pass it on the visual for a little somethin.

Even if you have to swap it once a year, its NOT that difficult. Gears will cost you 2-3 times as much but I hear they are worth the cost.

Your are right about the gears giving u more of a benefit on a near stock 98 GT. The H will give u a little bit more top end HP & make your car sound sick though.

O/R pipes on a 96-98 near stock NONPI is going to make you even slower. You know why? Because up high is where 4.6's see power, but on the non pi's up high is where you run out of breathe. 96-98 stock makes the best power they can make down low and removing that back pressure down low is killing all the good power we can make with our heads/intake/cams. For the sound its worth it b/c with cats or w/o the nonpi is still a dog. Just drive it like your cruising... Jeep Grand Cherokees will be able to take you off the line, so cruise like your not trying. Tons of cars can take me off the line with my car trying ;[ , but hey i sound alot better than theres ;]

Also, i been running my car w/o mils since i got the o/r pipe and i dont see any problems. Every so often i have to unplug the negative cable for 15-30 minutes to get rid of the CEL.