O/R X or O/R prochamber?

• Sponsors (?)

A friend of mine just ordered an O/R X pipe that should be in Saturday. He called me and was asking me if I would want to trade the x pipe for my prochamber. What do you guys think? would you trade?

Only if the x-pipe was stainless because the pro-chamber will rust over time (depending on where you live of course). I think the prochamber has a very unique sound and if it were me I wouldn't want to give that up.

i say prochamber over the x...but after i went back to a regular o/r h from my pc i loved the db increase in sound and the throatyness was great...but i did feel a little loss in tq

tell him you want to swap pipes for a week and if you still like it, keep it...if not, swap back

A friend of mine just ordered an O/R X pipe that should be in Saturday. He called me and was asking me if I would want to trade the x pipe for my prochamber. What do you guys think? would you trade?

It's a personal choice, but me, no way! I ran prochambers and magnapacks for 7 years on my '01 and the sound was incredible (no rust, either). The X pipes make the SN95s way too raspy, IMO.

This is what I am more worried about over sound. Is which one performes better.

I did hear a Mach 1 last night w/ a pro chamber, long tubes, and pro dumps that I thought sounded like pure sex.

+1 on the x-pipe, it performs better and if you get the right mufflers it sounds just as good if not better.

Maybe dyno #'s won't show any difference, but my car picked up 1-2 mph at the track when I switched from a pc to an x.

If you have ever looked inside the pc, you will notice the exit pipes are not flush with the box/chamber. This will create unwanted back pressure. They may not all be made the same, but mine was sticking inside the chamber about 1/2-3/4 of an inch. Inlet side, would not make a difference, but the exit side will.

An additional benefit is the x pipe is lighter than the pc too.

Even if it does produce a few more HP, is that honestly going to make an amazing difference? "I woulda beaten him if I had 3 more HP." :shrug: The time you spend just driving around far outweighs any time you spend racing, and to me, the Prochambers just deliver an incredible sound, that no X could ever produce. It's all personal preference, of course. I'd rather be out a few HP (maybe, I'm not convinced the X produces any more) and have an incredible sound than have the raspy, poppy sound the X makes.

Even if it does produce a few more HP, is that honestly going to make an amazing difference? "I woulda beaten him if I had 3 more HP." :shrug: The time you spend just driving around far outweighs any time you spend racing, and to me, the Prochambers just deliver an incredible sound, that no X could ever produce. It's all personal preference, of course. I'd rather be out a few HP (maybe, I'm not convinced the X produces any more) and have an incredible sound than have the raspy, poppy sound the X makes.

The difference between an H design and an X design is negligable. If you honestly think that 1-2 HP is that big of a difference then by all means, get an X :rolleyes:

As for the weight argument......give me a break. What's the weight difference? 5lbs?? Just skip the Big Mac for lunch and make up the difference.

Once again, its not always about peak hp/tq #'s. Just because an X may not show the gains on a dyno sheet, does not mean it isn't so. Track #'s > dyno #'s. If you don't race your car and are mainly concerned with sound, by all means the prochamber sounds better, but if your like me and the OP you want every tenth and mph you can get.

Once again, its not always about peak hp/tq #'s. Just because an X may not show the gains on a dyno sheet, does not mean it isn't so. Track #'s > dyno #'s. If you don't race your car and are mainly concerned with sound, by all means the prochamber sounds better, but if your like me and the OP you want every tenth and mph you can get.

An X isn't going to make a difference on a track either. You gained 1-2mph....congratulations. You just drove your car better.