Odd shifter question

Sogwap55

Dec 30, 2008
Columbus OH
So I bought a shifter from UPR, the chameleon one with black base and it's pretty sweet cept for one issue. When I screw it on, the GT logo ends up upside down which is sorta dumb and defeats the purpose of getting that particular one. It does come with a set screw and they said to just set the shifter knob down on the pole ( not screw it in ) and use the supplied set screw. No biggie, done other shifters like that before.

Cept in this case, the hole for the set screw is above the pole the shifter sits on so it's useless, doesn't tighen down at all as nothing to tighen down against....

I'm still working with them on it but they say it must be a short throw shifter to cause that problem and I disagree. It sure doesn't shift like a short throw. Possible though, maybe guy who had it before me changed the arm ( or pole, the sticky up thing that the shifter knob sits on ) and that could lower it slightly.

By chance anybody have a picture or snap a quick one of what their shifter looks like with the boot popped off? I want to see if the one on mine looks the same....

Thanks for the assistance in advance....

• Sponsors (?)

Set it on but don't screw it in?
From that description it sounds like the threads start a little ways in.
Why can't you screw it until tight, back it off until the logo reads correctly, then use the set screw?