Oem-erizing My Engine Bay

Any more progress on this? I recently purchased a stock air box on eBay for my '95 to replace the JLT the previous owner had installed. It's not as pretty as the fox air box, but it does look a bit better.

• Sponsors (?)

Damn. That bay makes me want to mount my efan inside my stock shroud and reinstall that. I'm liking the oem look.

I have my original dist cover but it looks like crud. If only a way to restore that back to black

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Damn. That bay makes me want to mount my efan inside my stock shroud and reinstall that. I'm liking the oem look.

I have my original dist cover but it looks like crud. If only a way to restore that back to black

A 2001 jeep Cherokee fan fits in the stock fan shroud nicely. I used to run one...just trimmed the jeep fan assembly to fit with minor mods. Worked great.

yeah it's pretty easy to make something work inside the shroud...

A closer look:
20160707_164651_resized_2-1024x576.jpg

I didn't want to use those zip-ties to attach the fan to the rad.

yeah it's pretty easy to make something work inside the shroud...

A closer look:
20160707_164651_resized_2-1024x576.jpg

I didn't want to use those zip-ties to attach the fan to the rad.

Yup. I need to get on this. I need to find a different efan to use. But I'd love to put my stock shroud back in so I can run a factory coolant overflow bottle again.

I didn't even know they made repros of that. Wow. They are making everything thrse days

Just got mine last week along with coil cover, those two make the bay look so much better. I love how the trend is back to stock or very subtle appearance changes. Don't see many cut outs in GT bumpers anymore thankfully.

A 2001 jeep Cherokee fan fits in the stock fan shroud nicely. I used to run one...just trimmed the jeep fan assembly to fit with minor mods. Worked great.

Do you have any pictures of this setup? I have a contour fan on my car now, and they work great keeping my car cool, but they force me to run a chintzy parts store overflow. I wanted attach an aftermarket round catch can attached to the fan, but there is no room due the transmission cooler lines. The other issue I have is I have fairly thick aluminum radiator, and large single electric fans like the mark 7 won't fit as they are too deep and hit the water pump shaft.

I just upgraded to contour fans to save space. Finding overflows that fit is a biatch.

The Jeep fan set up worked and had clearance with the water pump....that was with a two row radiator...never tried with my three row.

I'll post a pic later....if I remember.

Love the OE look.
My car never had labels on the valve covers.
Factory air box is where it's at. That was a big improvement.
See if you can find Ford MAF sensor... that BBK has got to go.
Also, look up Tom Moss porting. He can make a stock intake support those GT40 heads. I once made 292hp with one of his ported stock intakes and E7 heads... n/a, factory lifters... nothing too fancy.