off road h-pipe question

cb18201

Oct 25, 2003
CT
im putting an off road pipe on my 94. my car has 4 cats on the stock h-pipe. does anyone know if it will set of my check engine light, i think the oxygen sensors are in between each of the cats but im not sure. if anyone has put an off road pipe on there 94 let me know how it went an if you had any problems. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

riffraff said:
your 0/2 sensors are before the first set of cats...right after the header connection.

correct which means that your 02's are reading the exhuast that comes out of the motor before it ever reaches the cats to begin w/ so weather you have them on there or not it wont make them read any diffrent

O2 sensors screw in. You can use an o2 sensor socket or just use a tubing wrench so you don't round off the head. You won't have to cut your AP tube if you hang it up before you install the pipe. You can cut the AP tube to remove it when the pipe is installed, just makes it easier. I'm speaking in reference to a 94 5.0.

blk306 said:
O2 sensors screw in. You can use an o2 sensor socket or just use a tubing wrench so you don't round off the head. You won't have to cut your AP tube if you hang it up before you install the pipe. You can cut the AP tube to remove it when the pipe is installed, just makes it easier. I'm speaking in reference to a 94 5.0.

You mean cutting the egr tube instead of disconnecting it from the stock h-pipe? Why would you do that?

Since you have to put your stock h-pipe on every year, how do you reconnect the egr tube when you go to emmisions? Or do you not hook it up?
Scott

mo_dingo said:
You mean cutting the egr tube instead of disconnecting it from the stock h-pipe? Why would you do that?

Since you have to put your stock h-pipe on every year, how do you reconnect the egr tube when you go to emmisions? Or do you not hook it up?
Scott
I just recently cut the stock tube in 2 about 10" from where it hooks to the stock H. I started taking my car to my buddy's shop which has a lift you drive up on. Well, when we installed the stock H, we forgot to hang the tube 1st. Cutting the tube was the easiest way to get it in on that lift. On other lifts, that lift at the frame, I could just snake it in there. I don't think I'll be able to run the air pump tube now, after my NOVI2000, b/c there's no way I can connnect it now. Hopefully, I'll pass emissions w/o it. In Maryland, emissions is every other year for certain counties.

the check engine light wont come on. the sensor is positioned right after the connection between the exhaust manifold/header and the h-pipe, on the h-pipe tube. the light would come on if you had a 96 or newer mustang, but since you have a 94-95, you are good to go with your h-pipe.

oh my friend put a off road H on his car an said he had to trim that little tube(air pump tube i think) so it would fit right or something, he has a 95 cobra, there was this rubber looking tube that connected to that little tube on the Hpipe an he told me instead he just cut the rubber tube that plugs into it, i have no clue why he had to do it thats why im confused. any of you guys with 94 gt's have to cut anything while putting on a bbk h-pipe?