• Centrifical Superchargers

Votes: 248 42.0%
  • Roots Blower

Votes: 67 11.3%
  • Nitrous

Votes: 85 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

This is a rigged poll. I own a 65, 87, and 95......65 HAS to have a big ol roots blower on it when I end up finally getting to work on it....I have a NOS kit for the 95 when I drop the new engine here soon....and I was thinking mild turbo for the 87, since it's a track car. I'M SO CONFUSED!!! lol

Turbo hands down....it's the most efficient power adder, it runs off of your exhaust and doesnt rob the engine of any power, not to mention if you wanna make insane power, that's the way to go. You can have an 800hp street car with a turbo and drive it just fine, since the turbo doesnt spool up instantly, it won't rip the tires off every time you take off.

85SS - there is no Santa Claus - your statement "turbo.....doesnt rob the engine of any power" is incorrect. Of course a turbo takes energy from the engine to turn it. A supercharger takes it directly from the crankshaft via the belt-drive. The turbo acts as a significant restriction in the exhaust stream -- each time the pistons come up on the exhaust stroke they have to push harder than they normally would to overcome that restriction. That's where the parasitic loss occurs. As with the supercharger - the loss is worth it as you can net a power gain. But the turbo creates parasitic loss as well. Just to set the record straight.