Offroad mac pro chamber and emissions???

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Hi... so I am really considering getting a offroad mac pro chamber to go with my bbk equal length headers... I just want to see if anyone has experience with this..... in ontario we have a thing where if you fail the emissions test you can pay 100 dollars for a diagnostic test... if you pay for the diagnostic and if the repair is over I think 600 dollars they will give you a conditional pass. So I have checked all my error codes.. and have fixed everything that is emissions related... so if I put the offroad pipe on I am pretty sure the original h-pipe from ford with the 2 cats and 2 resonators is about 800 dollars. I haven't got rid of all my emissions equipment and I only use the car in the summer.. not as a daily driver.. Anyone else pass an emissions with this off road pipe.. or do you have to put the original one back on every two years??? Kinda a pain.. because I really like the sound of the pro chamber.. and my original pipe has a leak up near the collector.. and it is much cheaper to buy a offroad pipe. Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

The 4 cat (not 2 cats and 2 resonators) H-pipe from Ford is difficult to get. There are replacement catted H pipes available for well under $600 and I'd be willing to bet that the guys who do your inspection will know that. Try it, what do you have to loose besides almost $1000 because you don't want cats?