Oh No I've Been Thinking Again

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
So I've got this squeak coming from the front of my engine that won’t go away. :bang: It’s got me thinking I should build my stang a kickin new 351w with all the goodies and fuel injection. (Crazy Expensive, for me anyway) The problem is anytime I think about building a new engine it's like my stang senses it and within a few weeks of the initial thumb through the jegs catalog my current engine gives up the ghost, and I really, really can't afford for that to happen right now.

The squeak is somehow related to my front seal, but after replacing it once to fix a really bad oil leak, and then again to get rid of the annoying squeak, I don't have the desire to pull my front cover to figure out what's going on when the squeak came back a day after the ordeal was over. Call me lazy.
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

jikelly said:
So I've got this squeak coming from the front of my engine that won’t go away. :bang: It’s got me thinking I should build my stang a kickin new 351w with all the goodies and fuel injection. (Crazy Expensive, for me anyway) The problem is anytime I think about building a new engine it's like my stang senses it and within a few weeks of the initial thumb through the jegs catalog my current engine gives up the ghost, and I really, really can't afford for that to happen right now.

The squeak is somehow related to my front seal, but after replacing it once to fix a really bad oil leak, and then again to get rid of the annoying squeak, I don't have the desire to pull my front cover to figure out what's going on when the squeak came back a day after the ordeal was over. Call me lazy.
:shrug:

did you lube the seal when you put it in? if so what did you use? i recommend using a good synthetic grease, wheel bearing grease works fine as well. if you didn't lube it that's where your squeak is coming from

Yep I lubed the seal before I put it in. Unfortunatly the squeah is nit being caused by the fan belt, power steering pump or altenator. I thought maybe it was my front cover causing a problem somehow but nope that wasn't it either. Oh well I can always just crank up my radio.

Damn that squeek is still there. Still!! I'm going to pull that engine out when I get done with my poor boy paint job. Don't tell my fiance or my roomate. They are already a little upset with me about the stang being in the garage since last August.

I'm thinking about building me a new motor and selling my old one off. Less down time, but of course it would probably be cheaper to just do a rebuild on the engine I have now. I'm just worried that the squeek is connected to a warped crank or something.