oil fed blower/turbo and autometer oil pressure gauge help needed.....

Green 94 5.0

Founding Member
Mar 25, 2002
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
im about to put my drivers side accesory bracket on and im having a tough time with the new autometer sending unit. i cant get it into a position where it fits behind the bracket. one way it wont let thye bracket sit flush and the other way the oil filter wont go on. what did you other blower turbo users do to get it to fit with the oil feed t fitting in place?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a blower or turbo, but with my oil pressure gauage I had to run a thin copper line up and out from behind the bracket and then T it off. I attached it to the AC canisters on that side of the engine and you can barely even see it.

I did something similar to what Paul did. I think Shaun has posted pics of his braided line egressing the block and running about how Paul depicted.

Good luck.

nope....i actually used 5/16 brake line...and tee'd it off at a distance away from the block.....of course it was an oil feed for my turbos, but its the same idea....

If you are looking for a fitting that works and want to use a short peice of brake line (5/16) to get it out away from the block a bit, go find a late 80's for truck or bronco with an automatic transmission, and on the side of the radiator were the tranny cooler lines go into the rad, there is a fitting there that you will need. go jy'ing.

or you could use braded hose, but thats to fancy for me.

GreenMustangGt said:
nope....i actually used 5/16 brake line...and tee'd it off at a distance away from the block.....of course it was an oil feed for my turbos, but its the same idea....

If you are looking for a fitting that works and want to use a short peice of brake line (5/16) to get it out away from the block a bit, go find a late 80's for truck or bronco with an automatic transmission, and on the side of the radiator were the tranny cooler lines go into the rad, there is a fitting there that you will need. go jy'ing.

or you could use braded hose, but thats to fancy for me.
Nice idea. I think you are talking about the intermediate fitting (if asking for one over the phone, etc). It has 1/4" NPT threads that go into the radiator and the other end is some flavor of flared fitting [that trans lines would go into].