Oil Leak after headswap

97GTSTANG

Founding Member
May 25, 2000
Virginia
Headswap was completed about a month ago, since then i had a bit of an oil leak, i took the car back to get the clutch replaced and they mechanic told me the rear main seal was bad he said thats where the oil was leaking from. Well i paid to get that replaced also. Now there is also a slight leak about the size of a 50 cents coin under the car, its very minimal, but he said he cleaned under the car and doesnt see any leaks coming from the heads. The leak is around the area of the front part of the engine.

What could it possibly be, or whatelse can he check? he said he checked it carefully and cleaned all the old oil but he will not konw if anywhere else is leaking unless i drive it for a few days and now its leaking but not as bad as before. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Does your car have an oil cooler? Regardless, check the oil filter adapter to block gasket for leaks. If your car has an oil cooler, there's an additional large O-ring between the two halfs that is also bad about leaking.

Does your car have an oil cooler? Regardless, check the oil filter adapter to block gasket for leaks. If your car has an oil cooler, there's an additional large O-ring between the two halfs that is also bad about leaking.

Thanks for the tip, i did not install an oil cooler, i do not know if it came with the car from factory. I will have the mechanic check.