OK, Louvers on foxbody, huh?

Daggar said:
evillaugh.gif

Funny! You always come up with the right "saying".

• Sponsors (?)

Aaron11272, you car rocks! I have 'em too and love 'em. With my color combination, I feel that it's reminiscent of the '69-'70 Boss 302's that came equipped with them. Mine are the factory aluminum louvers that bolt directly to the hatch and came on the '79-early '84's (cars that had the 3-piece rear spoiler.) They will not fit on the later '84's, nor the '85-up cars due to their larger rear spoiler (LX style). Here's a pic.

42628.jpg

Hissing Cobra said:
Aaron11272, you car rocks! I have 'em too and love 'em. With my color combination, I feel that it's reminiscent of the '69-'70 Boss 302's that came equipped with them. Mine are the factory aluminum louvers that bolt directly to the hatch and came on the '79-early '84's (cars that had the 3-piece rear spoiler.) They will not fit on the later '84's, nor the '85-up cars due to their larger rear spoiler (LX style).

Thanks for the compliment! Your car ROCKS as well! Yes - your color combo is sweet - plus you don't see many early 80's fox bodies in great shape like yours is.

lol i started a revolution, haha. anyways, just one thing tho, doesnt that kinda screw up some of the aerodynamics, i mean, the spoiler wont be getting a good solid airflow, itd be kinda bad. just wondering, unless theres some sort of louver magic that keeps it flowing...:shrug:

Yeah, I'm with dragnazz5.0. Aerodynamics only play a role once the car is doing something like 120 mph. Up to that point, there's not much in the way of a difference. Mine don't slow me down at the track when I'm running 12.40's-12.80's @ 107-110 mph.

The way the louvers are angled, there isn't a visibility problem at all. The slats are thin and the way they are angled against the glass, it's nothing more than if you were to stretch peces of rope across the back window (not the best interpretation, but close enough).

dragnazz5.0 said:
as far as aerodymics are concerened. take a brick and put it in a wind tunnel. now take a brick and put some louvers on it. you get the point

i can see what ur saying but my spoiler does some good, ive done the dap of oil trick, and it certainly flows the air over it and is giving some downforce, so i say, take a brick and add a spoiler on top, then add louvers in front what u get, one spiky brick. lol but seriously, for those that spoilers actually function. id think itd screw it up. :shrug:

Hissing Cobra said:
Yeah, I'm with dragnazz5.0. Aerodynamics only play a role once the car is doing something like 120 mph. Up to that point, there's not much in the way of a difference. Mine don't slow me down at the track when I'm running 12.40's-12.80's @ 107-110 mph.

yea i can see that in the 1/4 for sure, but on a cruise, or a highspeed road course type deal. and im talking about the affects on your downforce not really the overall aerodynamics. although i would be interested to see u run the best u can with/without, ha. but im sure ur right in the 1/4 it wont make much if any difference.