Ok Pictures of the 90 GT I just bought...

• Sponsors (?)

ehh dude, people been changing them since 1987, it's not a fad, it's common sense! The only thing worse than cheese graters is altezas. :nono:

Being the owner of a 5.0 since 87, the only guy changing his tail lights around here back in the day actually put cheese graders ON his 87 LX hatch. Not my cup of tea mind you:notnice:, but the whole grader idea was the 66 GTO thing I think. I don't remember the LX jobbies showing up on GT's til later in the 90's. Us older guys didn't bother with that stuff, glitz was for IROC diva's. They ain't my favorite design(which is why I always had LX's of the 88/90 sort) but GT's of the era should dress like GT's of the era. And roger on the Alteza's:nonono:

Thats a nice car,
Some advice...take it for what it's worth....I would not spend the $$$ to throw a sc on a stock headed 5.0, especially a minimal 6lbs. I've seen it been done many times before and everyone of them gets owned by a well though out h/c/i car. Of course, just an opinion
I like the car!!! :nice:

i also have the stock cheese graters and people tell me all the time to get rid of them...i have a stock oem set of lx taillights...i just dont want to install them just yet...i like the origianly old school look of the gt's

Thats a nice car,
Some advice...take it for what it's worth....I would not spend the $$$ to throw a sc on a stock headed 5.0, especially a minimal 6lbs. I've seen it been done many times before and everyone of them gets owned by a well though out h/c/i car. Of course, just an opinion
I like the car!!! :nice:

Thanks :nice:...I too like the ways it looks...:D...I know what your saying as far as H/C/I but i can bolt on a blower in an afternoon and hava a fun ride..might not be the fastest but it still will move ok...down the road who know i can do a H/C/I upgrade to more boost or go turbo..so many opitions but for me i just want to keep the car very basic...a few bolt ons and have some fun....:)

Being the owner of a 5.0 since 87, the only guy changing his tail lights around here back in the day actually put cheese graders ON his 87 LX hatch. Not my cup of tea mind you:notnice:, but the whole grader idea was the 66 GTO thing I think. I don't remember the LX jobbies showing up on GT's til later in the 90's. Us older guys didn't bother with that stuff, glitz was for IROC diva's. They ain't my favorite design(which is why I always had LX's of the 88/90 sort) but GT's of the era should dress like GT's of the era. And roger on the Alteza's:nonono:

I guess around 1990 is probably when it became popular. I think we have two LX's around here with cheese graters, one is 4-banger, both looks very sad. Without the GT wing they look even worse. I have a set from my 91 GT that I plan on modifying to see if I can make them look better. Of course I've been thinking about doing that for almost 3 years and haven't gotten around to it. But my fave tails are 80 Capri.... ;)

imagew2.aspx

imagew2.aspx

I guess around 1990 is probably when it became popular. I think we have two LX's around here with cheese graters, one is 4-banger, both looks very sad. Without the GT wing they look even worse. I have a set from my 91 GT that I plan on modifying to see if I can make them look better. Of course I've been thinking about doing that for almost 3 years and haven't gotten around to it. But my fave tails are 80 Capri.... ;)

imagew2.aspx

imagew2.aspx

I would guess you had a lot of people ask what those tailights are from- when I had the Capri in the garage I had guys I thought knew what they were looking at ask me what it was!I woulda liked to see what the Capri would've been if they kept it in the lineup after 86, woulda been very cool I think:D

Thanks I have a nice set of LX's ill put them in this weekend...The front is lowered already...lol.it has BBK springs int he front he didnt put them in the rear..so i have to look for a rear set just to put in...any reccomendtions on what rear spring to get?

let me know what you want for the GT's thats the color of my car and i'd love to have spares of the tails just in case (laugh all you want i like the cheesers)

Not sure if you guys were aware of this (I've never seen them advertised) but you can get replacement cheese grater lenses now, brand new. I saw them for the first time at Carlisle last week. Dude said the left sides have been available for a while but the just recently got the rights to go with them.