Ok, so its about time to upgrade!

May 9, 2005
Well over the past couple of week i have noticed that my car seems "sluggish" when i start from a dead stop. Now im not talking about a racing start, but more a normal start. It just feels like the car weights 10,000 lbs and doesnt want to move. I have a feeling it has something to do with the clutch. That, and i cant make the tires squick (sp) from first to second.

Sooo my question is... would you guys choose a Spec stage 3 over a fidanza 3.2?

I think both are good clutches... but i want to see what you guys would pick!

• Sponsors (?)

What are your mods? If you are not at the horsepower and torque levels for that spec stage 3 clutch, it's useless to spend the extra money to get it. A lot of people who have those clutches say that it makes the drivability of the car worse. If you are planning the typical bolt ons I would suggest going no higher than a stage 2. Bigger in this case isn't always better.

Well this car is pretty much stock, with a couple of bolt on. I have a CAI, throttle body and plenum, along with a magnapack catback exhaust. This winter im going 4.10 gears, headers and midpipe. Thats all i plan to do on the car for now. What do you think?

Why would a clutch make the car sluggish? If the clutch is funny engages, it would have no bearing on how quick it is.

I think you are looking at the wrong part. Now chirping the tires doesn't mean it's the clutch either.

You could be down on power or may be time for a tune up.