Ok...someone needs to get info on the Trickflow intake at SEMA..

Here is the scoop from my reliable source...
Will be released Jan/Feb of '07
MSRP on it will be in the $700 range. Look for Summit to carry it for around $550-$600 (Since Summit owns Trick Flow)
So for those of you looking to get that intake...ask for Summit gift cards for xmas

• Sponsors (?)

I posted on another site. I talked to a guy there. He said to try back in a few weeks to get the dyno numbers. The prototype is complete and was either in testing or finished testing. He didn't even have a spec sheet to say if it was one piece or a two piece design.

I have a few questions, this is the first i've heard of a trickflow intake and I am wondering if this intake will be designed for the 2v 4.6L. Secondly, has anyone had a chance to try the typhoon intake, supposedly adds 23 rwhp, wondering what anyone though of it.

Welcome to stangnet!!
This intake will in fact be for the 2v 4.6.
The typhoon intake you are referring to is made by professional products. There are people on this site and others who bought the typhoon and had severe coolant leaks with it. Stay away stay far away.

DBMSTNG said:
no it's not. the runners are different than stock. it just looks similar to the stock manifold from the top.

Yep. its runners are longer then stocker. promoting better lowend torque, due to higher velocity intake charge - so they claim at least

deftsound said:
id like to know what kidn of gains to expect

the e-mail i got from trickflow states that gain are similer to that of Bullitt intake

Got some info on the TrickFlow Intake.

More info TrickFlow Intake

TrickFlow3_650.jpg

Attachments

• TrickFlow3_650.jpg
    TrickFlow3_650.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 100
mity2 said:
Yep. its runners are longer then stocker. promoting better lowend torque, due to higher velocity intake charge - so they claim at least

the e-mail i got from trickflow states that gain are similer to that of Bullitt intake

well if i have to pay 799$ for 5hp im def not gettingone

$799 is the MSRP so I don't think we will be paying that for it. If it makes 5 hp more at peak but has bigger increases throughout the lower rpm band then thats what I want! Slap a 75mm Throttle body on it and I'm done! But...I don't see how the stock alternator bracket can be retained when using this design. Will we still have to convert to the Bullitt alternator? :shrug: It just looks like we would have to judging by the intake pics. What does everyone else think?