ok who has milled there gt40p heads???????

• Sponsors (?)

ok thanx for the input. i dont have an issue about milling them i just dont want to go cutting on them and have to change a bunch of things to get my valvetrain geometry back where it needs to be. changing pushrods etc. i dunno im planning on rebuilding my motor soo ill juss plan on investing in the piston i need to get my desired compression back rather the cutting up the head

Don't quote me but i think you might still need shorter pushrods...i don't know if .030 is enough to make a difference there.

As 25th kinda hinted, you're mainly milling them to achieve a certain combustion chamber cc, so keep that in mind.

yeah i know thats the whole reason i wanted to mill them. but now im thinking it would probably be less of a risk and a little smarter to just plan on raising my compression properly with the pistons rather than trying to quick fix it by milling.

yeah i know thats the whole reason i wanted to mill them. but now im thinking it would probably be less of a risk and a little smarter to just plan on raising my compression properly with the pistons rather than trying to quick fix it by milling.

Well, people do it every day and it works....i would agree that pistons would be better if you're already building an engine, but if you're on a budget and you're using a stock block, you can still get away with the .030 mill and still run a decent cam profile. Like i said i'm not sure on the pushrods though but even still that's cheaper than new pistons.

pushrods could possibly be cheaper. but its a really old motor and really should be redone before i go on with the intake heads and cam. sooo i might as well. summit has a nice kit ive been lookin at for the 302 for $879.00 and i get a summit discount through school soo posibly less. anyways thats the plan now i need to figure out wat if anything needs to be done to correct the quench area with using the bigger cc heads. thats the next order of buisness before i order anything. check out the pic of the kit...... View attachment 337730