old motor mounts

QDRHRSE

Dec 31, 2002
Palmdale, CA
Currently I have no 5.0....but I still work on my brother-in-law's. He's absolutely the worst at taking care of his car. Anyway, his motor mounts are so worn out that his oil pan hits his sway bar. Anybody ever see anything like that? I'm concerned that somthing is bent because I have never seen a motor drop so much from warn mounts. If, in fact, the mounts are that far gone then the sway bar is probably holding the motor in! the car has 160k on it. Anybody?

• Sponsors (?)

If he has an older aero hardtop, it's possible for the mount to completely separate. Is his mech fan hitting the shroud?

I'd get some new mounts. Vert mounts are an upgrade.

Good luck.

problem is, I don't believe they make ford vert mounts anymore, and the auto store vert mounts are complete and total garbage.

my mounts were destroyed, and one of the bolt tabs broken off. My engine was literally sitting 1.5 inches closer to the fan. In fact, the accessory brackets were nearly hitting the fan shroud. I never could figure it out till I pulled the engine and looked at it.

Find good used or new/now oem ford vert mounts, or go with a poly aftermarket mount.