Old School

ronaldriske

Mar 25, 2004
Anyone ever tried or heard someone with regular glasspacks. I love the way they sound on my Galaxie 500 but not sure what to expect on my 04 GT. The Galaxie is a 289 with stock manifolds and dual exhaust, 24in glasspacks. I realize that the orignial stang mufflers have offset in and out pipes but a muffler shop shouldn't have much trouble adapting the pipes for the staight thru glasspacks. The stang would have everything else stock, (ie catted H, stock manifolds)

• Sponsors (?)

A guy I work with has an '02 GT with glasspacks and I was surprised how good it sounded. You can get offset adapters and they make glasspacks with an offset. The muffler shop won't have any trouble hooking you up.

BTW, for those knocking the glasspacks, I hope I never hear you praising Magnapacks like 80% of this board does.

i say do it and get some soundclips. ive heard them on an f150 with a 46 and54 and they sounded good. itll only cost 50-60 bucks. id do it. i almost did on my 03 gt before i got one chambers,kinda wish id tried good ol glasspacks. if you like the way they sound get em, screw listening to people that say they sound like ass,but no one has heard them,ignorance?

I say go for it LOL,cuz I dont know crap about 4.6s just 302s and old school motors and I know it sounds good on them.For some reason,everything that applys to old school motors that I know about just does not line up with 4.6s???So heck it may sound like crap.Looks like I am going to have to relearn everything I know about motors with the 4.6.So I am going to sit back and learn a while...TEACH ME LOL.

hotmustang331 said:
I say go for it LOL,cuz I dont know crap about 4.6s just 302s and old school motors and I know it sounds good on them.For some reason,everything that applys to old school motors that I know about just does not line up with 4.6s???So heck it may sound like crap.Looks like I am going to have to relearn everything I know about motors with the 4.6.So I am going to sit back and learn a while...TEACH ME LOL.

If I had a '66 like yours, I'd say screw the 4.6s... :D

No pics?? :(

john_324 said:
If I had a '66 like yours, I'd say screw the 4.6s... :D

No pics?? :(
Really COOL,what engine did it have? I am getting the 04 GT because of gas milage LOL,now my gas milage sucks in the '66 but its really a weekend car for me and my dad :D I tried to put pics in my avatar or what ever but it says their too big,but if you want to see it click here~http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/446046/2 and go to page 3 also for engine pics.

Hey Hotmustang.... you can save this pic if you want for your avatar...