OMG i broke my a-arm today!!!!!!

TT91

May 23, 2003
Paramus, NJ
tow truck, some friends, and some beer. Get it home first and we'll work from there. Jack it up is a start, no the spring wont come shooting out, your not jacking it up fast enough....

• Sponsors (?)

holy crap!!!! im dying right now!!!!

i went through a parking lot went over a speed bump and POP!!!!!!! WTF? gave it gas....heard a scraping noise.....i tuned into a parking spot and slam!!!!! my drivers side wheel went into my fender and turned!!! i got out an look...the bottom of my spindle broke from my A-Arm!!!!!!!! now what the hell do i do? how can i get it home????????? will my spring pop out if i jack it up??????

what do i do? how do i fix it??

DAMMIT SSGT!, lol Stop worrying about that damn spring, there will be no load on it since its ALL BROKEN now, it will prolly just roll out on its own. BUT DONT stick your head in there to find out...

YES SIR!!!!! lol

well the tire is dangling by the shock so the rim will take the brunt of the force if it does pop out..... ya know im glad i just spent over 2 grand on engine mods and then this bull$hit happens...murphys law

yeah..thank god i was only doing like 2 mph through a parking lot. im not a religious person but..someone was watching over me...yesterday i was on the highway cruising at 70mph..glad it didnt happen then.

well....i just bought a front coilover set to match my kyb gr-2 struts, and FMS a-arms off ebay. so when i get my goldline springs out i can install my coil overs and man it will make it easier not having to put those damn springs back in...

all this cuz a bastard ball joint breaks...oh well give me a reason to upgrade

You didn't have any issues with the ball joint before? I have scene it happen before, just not too common.

In your avartar, those are what C's or D's? I wish those were my hands.

**update**
well i got it back to the house today. here are some pics of it in its present form. you can see how the ball joint just came aprt on me.
100_0533.JPG

100_0532.JPG