On my way to Dyno

• Sponsors (?)

I would hope it's well more than 230-240. I'm at 225rwhp with stock H/C/I. I would expect around 260rwhp but I guess it would depend on what kind of dyno your using as well.

Wow so low :(

The cars 225 stock & the math just using advertised gains, Heads +40, Intake +25, Rockers +5, Ram Air +25, Headers, HPipe & CatBacks +25, Under drive Pulleys +20, Throttlebody +10, MAF & Injectors +20, Aluminum driveshaft +5 = 175 Gain so 225 + 175 would put me @ 400, I know that's a bit unrealistic but I figured atleast 300 ?

5- 45hp gain, you guys cannot be serious, I just put some $6,500.00 worth of work into it & only $1,200.00 of that was labor, I meen this car feels twice as fast & powerful than it did stock before I did the motor & everything else.

Ray@VSK said:
Wow so low :(

The cars 225 stock & the math just using advertised gains, Heads +40, Intake +25, Rockers +5, Ram Air +25, Headers, HPipe & CatBacks +25, Under drive Pulleys +20, Throttlebody +10, MAF & Injectors +20, Aluminim driveshaft +5 = 175 Gain so 225 + 175 would put me @ 400, I know that's a bit unrealistic but I figured atleast 300 :shrug:

Don't forget quotes are rwhp, you need to subtract about 15% for drivetrain loss which 350fwhp=300rwhp. You can forget any hp from the ram air on the dyno, as for the rest of the number I would say your about 20% off on your hp numbers. 40hp heads ok, 25hp on intake....maybe 15-20, rockers hp ok, ram air even on the road 25hp sounds really high, exhaust maybe 15-20hp, pullies free up hp not really make it, tb 5-10hp, maf and inj 10hp, driveshaft same deal with pullies. I would figure about 325 fwhp=about 277hp figuring that everything is up to par and air/fuel ratio is dead on.

Ray@VSK said:
OK, I'm dropping it off in the morning to have it tuned & dynoed, will post results when done, thanks.

If you went in expecting to pull big numbers you might be let down. When I dynoed I was only expecting around 200rwhp. When 225hp and 298tq came up everybody that was there had open jaws. I was very happy with my results, you have the potential for more but the cam is probably holding you back. Those heads aren't great power adders compared to others but are capable of putting down power. What kind of dyno are you using and what kind of tuning are they doing?

yeah you can't just add up numbers and say I make 400hp........it isn't that easy. if you pay attention to "advertisers" even in small print they will tell you that the engine already had such and such parts. Parts work in conjunction with other parts. it also makes more power if the parts are properly matched instead of just thrown together.

Ray@VSK said:
Ya I know but people were saying I was only going to get like 230-245 rwhp when stock is what 225, 5 Horses :lol:
You dont get it do you?! They are quoting rear wheel horsepower numbers, which is what ur gonna get from a dyno. Yeah you may be making 225 hp at the flywheel stock, but ur only making like 190 to the wheels stock. So yes, you may in fact only come back with 240-250 hp. Dont laugh at those who have done what you are barely doing.