One pc Batter/coil cover...anyone build one?

DMAN302

My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.
Nov 8, 2003
windsor, Canada
I've just finished the mock up of my one pc battery/coil cover and will be bringing it over to a plastic design buddy of mine...sides black and the top will be mirror acrylic. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen or built something simular? I have decided to use the basic dimensions of the battery tray, but carry the box right over to the shock tower, getting rid of the coil/soleniod cover. The top is hinged to pull back to display the wiring and the battery (which will be secured by using velcro to cover the bottom of the battery and secure it into the tray (original box to be installed if track time comes up.), and a top mounted keyed lock will be used to keep the box from coming open. Anyways I'm mostly bored and wondering if anyone else has tackled a simular project?

• Sponsors (?)

It should be...I'd like to use the top of the box to display a custom "88 mustang GT" black red decal I've been saving for something. I wanted something different from the SS coil cover and that damn ugly battery sitting there staring up at me...without pushing it to the trunk.

Not for me, but thanks for the input. Trying to break away from the norm and the products available, I want to do some custom projects that no one else I'm aware if has tackled.

sweet :nice: Everyone tells me to put mine in the trunk, yet they can't tell me where the heck I'm supposed to fit it :rlaugh:

Hurry up, I wanna see this thing