ONLY 280HP OUT OF THIS COMBO!!!

• Sponsors (?)

yea i emailed him the dyno charts and he said the problem is that it was way to lean..

If Ed says it's "way to lean", I'd be getting a tune ASAP. Lean is not a good way to be driving around.....especially way lean.

I'd follow Ed's advice.

Until you get the tune sorted out, you won't be able to determine what might be effecting the power output. Or lack of.

1987 lx t top stock bottom end .030, high volume oil pump, FTI cam, AFR 165, 1.6 rr, TMoss ported cobra intake, #30 injectors, 255lph fuel pump, 75mm tb, 80mm MAF, a/c delete, sub-frame connectors, 4.30's and much more.

This is just my 2 cents. I think your throtle body is to big i have a 70mm t/b with a supercharger pushing 12 lbs out of it. Also your heads may be to big for that combo so you wont make as much hp. Just my 2 cents dont hold me to it.

The dyno curve is beautiful. No dips or hiccups. It's just a bit low for the parts. I was very concerned about the A/F since it was reading in the mid to low 14:1 range. That is too lean for my taste but with the equipment this shop has, they claim that's where they get the best results.

I'll be calling the shop to verify the numbers but from what I've been told by a customer who works there, their dyno has always been realistic and low compared to the others in the area. Meaning, the numbers may read low but the power is insane. And... from what a little birdy told me, the car is a handful!

Ed

The dyno curve is beautiful. No dips or hiccups. It's just a bit low for the parts. I was very concerned about the A/F since it was reading in the mid to low 14:1 range. That is too lean for my taste but with the equipment this shop has, they claim that's where they get the best results.

I'll be calling the shop to verify the numbers but from what I've been told by a customer who works there, their dyno has always been realistic and low compared to the others in the area. Meaning, the numbers may read low but the power is insane. And... from what a little birdy told me, the car is a handful!

Ed

I hereby bow out of this.

Ed has arrived. :spot:

Is this a 5spd or Auto makes a big difference on the Dyno? What are is the TQ number. Oh and 14:1, JESUS that is too LEAN. Should be 12.5 to 13.1 for a good tune. The Cobra intake is awesome! The injectors on the other hand may be a little too much for the combo 19-24s would have been fine.