Opinions: Mustang's worst feature

• Sponsors (?)

The passenger seat is way to low. Unless your 5'8" or above, plan on looking at the dash for the remainder of the trip! Should have been adjustable like the driver seat. Of course, I'm always driving and am 5'10" tall, so problem with me. However, my wife is 5'7 and hates it. She has to put the seat all the way forward to see out the dash.

needs a handle to grab onto to close trunk, so you dont have to touch the paint....

needs a trunk release button.....

needs a better position for the rear view mirror. it is in the way of seeing cars crossing from the right at large intersections, but i have learned to get around this problem....

keys hit knees problem.... along with the need for a pad on the side of the console for when you have the cruise on, and rest your leg there....

ALL VERY MINOR, but a revision for future models would be apprecitated.

*** pet peeve / throttle lag ***

Bags2005 said:
My pet peeve...throttle lag ....

Its a funny thing about the trottle lag, if you're willing to inve$t in a "tune" the problem is non-existant! :cheers:

I took mine into to the dealer and had it out with the service rep. He said that there's no TSB on the problem. :rolleyes:

After arguing for a while he went and got a Tech and he took it out for a test drive with me along. :stick:

The first thing I see is that he's slipping the clutch ... :mad:

Next he's feathering the acceleration !!!! :mad: :mad:

Then he says that, "well, Ford has it factory tuned this way for emmisions requirements " >>> :bs: :notnice:

So the question is; Will Ford ever own up to this "problem" and do the right thing to make us happy? :shrug:

05Stangster said:
The passenger seat is way to low. Unless your 5'8" or above, plan on looking at the dash for the remainder of the trip! Should have been adjustable like the driver seat. Of course, I'm always driving and am 5'10" tall, so problem with me. However, my wife is 5'7 and hates it. She has to put the seat all the way forward to see out the dash.

my g/f hates that too, and now that i got a 4" cowl hood, shes really gonna hate it, lol

I love those seats, but I'm 6'5". I can see how vertically challenged drivers might find fault w/ the seating.

Pet peeves: no trunk release; engine bay looks bargain basement; stereo is weak & no satellite radio available; turn signal alarm; air bag on steering wheel too big.

Conclusion so far? I had similar concerns on my last car and it cost 50% more.