opinions needed on convertible seat pan

So I'm just about done with my new engine, and am going to start working on the floors of my convertible soon.

I have scat pro-car seats and they sit a little too high for my liking, but I love the seats. I am going to cut the seat pans down about 1.5". I also want to put in a hand brake on the transmission tunnel and ditch the original under dash one.

To make this easy, I'm thinking of removing the one piece convertible seat pan and installing (modified) seat pans from a coupe.

Do you think it would be necessary to add bracing over the transmission tunnel like on the convertible piece?

I have some beefy subframe connectors which are welded through the convertible subfloor and a 4 point rollbar to help stiffen things up.

• Sponsors (?)

So I'm just about done with my new engine, and am going to start working on the floors of my convertible soon.

I have scat pro-car seats and they sit a little too high for my liking, but I love the seats. I am going to cut the seat pans down about 1.5". I also want to put in a hand brake on the transmission tunnel and ditch the original under dash one.

To make this easy, I'm thinking of removing the one piece convertible seat pan and installing (modified) seat pans from a coupe.

Do you think it would be necessary to add bracing over the transmission tunnel like on the convertible piece?

I have some beefy subframe connectors which are welded through the convertible subfloor and a 4 point rollbar to help stiffen things up.

Hi,
The vert seat pan is a vital component in the vert body. I would suggest it stay. However, perhaps the height of each seat pad may be reduced a little. Have you researched the different seat tracks. I've read where existing seat tracks can be modified to accept Scat seats.
Good Luck !

Last time I did this particular bit of fishing you couldn't get billet handles. Basically the only weak point in the OEM brake was the lame plastic handle.

16372_280_210_l_n.jpg