Opinions Needed!!

pull out the old pedals, install the 5spd pedals. re-run the speedo through the firewall and run the clutch cable through the old speedo hole. remove a4 tranny, flywheel, and driveshaft.
install pilot bearing into crank. install new 5spd flywheel and clutch. install new tranny and 5spd driveshaft. attach clutch cable. adjust clutch pedal. put key in ignition. turn key push in clutch pedal and enjoy.

• Sponsors (?)

Payments do suck! 60 months is WAAAAAAAY to long to pay on a 9 yr old (10 model yrs!) car!

Someone mentioned credit history earlier, at your age, I doubt you have any real credit history, which may make it difficult for you to buy one of those cars, unless your parents are willing to co-sign for you.
Also, I think you'll have problems getting the loan at a bank for any of those cars, as old as they are. Unless of course you can come up with a good down payment chunk to lessen the loan amount.

I have been in the position you are at now, and knowing what I know now, this is what I would do if I were you.
I would keep the 2.3 Fox, put it a 5 speed, and fix whatever else is wrong with it. It may cost you a few hundred now, but it's cheaper than any of those cars. It should get decent mileage too. A four cylinder fox is normally very very reliable in my experience. Drive it for 2 or 3 more years while saving up money, then put down a nice large down payment on something newer/nicer in a few years. Then with such a large amount down, you won't have to finance it for very long.

Stick it out with the fox a little longer while saving money up for something nicer.

dude do not get another mustang for a DD.... get a mpg beast....
my civic get 35mpg+ and is the cheapest thing to insure,and parts are a dime a dozen............
in my area civics are all modded out so people actually stop and talk to me since my car is lowered and pretty clean....lol.....
its slow but i put about 10.00 in it for a week and half and i drive everyday........

i may be wrong, but i beleive the electronically controlled AODs came in 94. They were subsequently called the aod-e. Fox AODs should be purely mechanical/vacuum operated.

+1 on no hondas mike! i dont talk smack but if i actually paid for one with my own money i'd have to check my pants every 5 minutes to make sure im still a man lol