opinions on mixing body kits

mustangdave

My rearend needs a stud and two nuts.
Founding Member
Feb 26, 2002
North Carolina
How do you think this would look? Roush front fascia with Cervinis side exhaust kit. I like the Roush frt. and location of the added lights, but the Cervinis side exhaust is cool (it comes with new rear bumper cover, cat back exhaust system, and side skirts).

• Sponsors (?)

because it is an exhaust/side skirt system it is really straight forward, If it was a more "exotic" aftermarket kit the lines and shape wouldn't "flow" and match up as well, but i think Cervini's thought of that when producing it because it follows alot of the stock body lines and shapes. and the rear bumper, basically just rollsunder smoothly. I would totally put the roush bumper on.

I agree, make it yours. The only thing I am against is if you mix kits that have the company name stamped in them (i.e. roush rear bumper). I put a shelby bumper and spoiler on my GT but I run SHR louvers and am saving for a cervinis front end. Its all about the look you want.

LB

A couple local guys had the side exhaust kits and got really tired of them dragging over speedbumps etc. so they converted back to rear exhaust setups.

my dad had a 68 cougar i think it was. had side pipes. my mom drove it off a curb. key word was my dad HAD side pipes.

i love side pipes, awesome look, was going to put them on my old car. now my brother wants to.

i'd talk to cervinis, they have great customer service, so find someone with like the front end you like and everything, and get a measurement. then call cervinis and ask them ground clearance from the side skirt.

i saw a few people put the roush skirts on 03-04 mustangs, and it just didn't look right with the front bumper not being as low as the skirts. so i see your concern.

no offense to anyone but i think all body kits are trash. even the ones with fat old rich mens names on the side of them...

it depends what it is IMO. like, a roush bumper i wouldn't consider a body kit piece, because it went on a production car. like xenon and stuff like that, i'd agree 100% with you.

i'd consider the roush bumpers up there with the gt500, gt/cs, gt bumpers, just because the base model being the v6, has a different bumper.

there are some tasteful bodykits, haven't found one i like better then stock though for these cars.