Opinions on the 99/01 kenne bell

Opinions on the 99/01 Cobra Kenne Bell SC

Just figure i would throw this out considering the new kit info came out yesterday. my only real gripe is the price. i want to get about 9 psi. Because of our high compression it has to be intercooled. Thats a 2000 dollar jump compared to every other kits which is $1000. what real differance can there be? maybe the newness will wear off and there will be a better price in the future. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Man that price IS steep. I was quoted 4,200 non intercooled. He said the intercooled will run around $6,800!!! That is too much. I just got a quote on a procharger P1SC from the manufacturer for $3,900. I bet it can be had for at least $500 less from a vendor, and that is WITH intercooler as well as chip and everything else you need. Sounds like a hell of a bargain to me. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with the procharger??

All these kits are good...Voretech, ProCharger, KB....it's about what you want out of the kit as they provide different benefits.

$6800 is just too steep for a blower though. Like others have said, for that cost you might as well just get a turbo.

01CobraEric said:
Just figure i would throw this out the considering the new kit info came out yesterday. my only real gripe is the price. i want to get about 9 psi. Because of our high compression it has to be intercooled. Thats a 2000 dollar jump compared to every other kit which is 1000. what real differance can there be? maybe the newness will wear off and there will be a better price in the future. :shrug:

I have been waiting to see when KB was going to release the superchargers for my 99 SVT and see that the 5psi kit is $4200 which is still a bit steep. I was thinking it would come in at about $3700 and that is still on the high end of what I want to pay. My car is stock except for flowmasters and I am desperate to get some low end power that pulls which you 99-01 Cobra owners know is not possible with a stock SVT. I had the KB on my 1989 GT that just had a full exhaust on and lowed that power. Guess I will wait for a while and pick up a used one for about $3000 when someone grows tired of theirs. TOO bad there things are so damn expensive! Love the power just cant see dropping $4000 + on a supercharger with I bought my 1989 GT for $5000 yrs back.

Also, the price difference between the intercooled 1.7L and 2.2L BLOWZILLA is only $100. Weird pricing, and very high at almost $7,000. It would be about $7,000 with shipping and all. Way too expensive. I would definitely rather give tim a call over at T&J and see what he can give me for around $4,000.

My .02