Opinions on this new combo PLEASE!!!

Gt-40 iron heads (Non-p) port matched to 1250 gasket
Trick Flow Street heat with 1 inch spacer, port matched to 1250.
Lunati 51014 cam installed straight up.
1.72 Roller rocker
New 308 with forged pistons and new cast crank.
3 1/2 inch AFM powerpipe with 73 C&L MAF

Plus all the regular bolt-ons. 3.73s and z-spec t-5.
Rollcage and full length subframe connectors.

Suspension is setup for high rpm launches and hooks awsome.

• Sponsors (?)

Mike - the only thing I'd note, I've read posts from reputable folks on the sites, that port matching to the 1250 on the bottom of the port may not be necessary, and may actually hurt you. Matching the sides and the top will help the 'straight shot' to the valve; but opening it up on the bottom my hurt you. You may want to research it some more, but based on my limited knowledge, I'd gasket match top and sides; and I'd only remove enough material on the bottom to get a good port match; I wouldn't take it all the way down to the gasket opening.

You will not be able to run the 4" AFM power pipe with a C&L meter, they will not read correctly. You will need a 80mm Pro-M as they reccomend. No AFM pipe is for use with a C&L meter.....

otherwise looks like a combo that will make good torque down low, carry the HP to around 5000rpm. How much compression? Your going to need a little more for 11.60's IMHO.

100% SURE, it will not work call AFM and ask. A MAF is not a MAF since a C&L reads different then a Pro-M.

I tried to stick my 76mm C&L in the fender and it was very bad, moved it back to the stock location and it was fine. You can stick a Pro-M on the ground and it will read just fine....

I ran the 4" AFM pipe and 80mm Pro-M AFM powerstack filter, nice combo

215816_15_full.jpg

mike keirstead said:
rick91gt----just talked to the guy i bought the pipe from. He said he was using a 73 mm No problems at all. Its the 3 1/2 also not the 4 inch.

You have the 3.5 pipe that keeps the meter closer to the stock position, I'd call AFM and talk to them. They told me it would run run properly with that pipe and my 76mm....I went HV 4" pipe and 80mm and it ran much better, smooth and pickup'd a little in the 1/4.

Ok...so the 4 inch has a different MAF location than the 3 1/2. Ive heard that you can rotate the meter around for smoother idle. Could be :bs: i dont know. I think i will try the c&l and if it dosnt work then i will get the pro-m. Is 80mm to big for my combo or is it just right? Anyway thanks for your help. happy new year!

Ya thats what mine looks like. I should be good to go. Actually a few people have told it reads better with the c&l the closer you get the meter to the TB. This also could be BS but i am going to do the TRIAL AND ERROR thing. It may work it may not. We will see.